Stamp Review Crew - Geared Up Garage



Welcome back to another Stamp Review Crew blog hopThe Stamp Review Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world that get together on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month for a blog hop. Each hop we showcase one stamp set and show you just how much you can do with it. Get ready for lots of inspiration and lots of reasons to use (or buy😊) this stamp set! Currently you are visiting Lou Kitzelman on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Hi!

For this hop we are featuring Geared Up Garage.


It is a really great bundle and perfect for masculine cards. But of course it can be used for any gender and lots of occasions. Today I have gone a bit traditional as I wanted to showcase the bundle and coordinating Classic Garage DSP for an upcoming class. I made a standard easel card.


The front grill decal (as you can tell I have no clue about car terms but I mean the silver thingy around the Happy Birthday sentiment) is the perfect thing to hold the easel upright. I love the different sentiments in this set, as well as the small design elements such as these nuts.


When I made my first card, I cut 2 of everything but (as usual) didn't get around to making it up straight away. In the meantime I came up with a fun fold called an adapted easel card. You can see some other ones I have made here and here. It is a really great fold that allows your die cuts to stand up - just a fun change! So I used the same precut pieces to make this other version.


By simply scoring in different places you get a different look. The links above will take you to the instructions and measurements so you can make one for yourself.


This stamp set and the coordinating framelits are great for achieving a collage-y effect .....  quickly!


Make sure you hop around to see what all the crew have done with this gorgeous stamp set. Next up is the fabulous Charlet Mallett. She will be sure to wow us! She always does. 

Lou

Product List



Comments

  1. Well, you took a classic look to a whole new level!! Those fancy folds are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, Lou! I'm going to look into trying your fold it looks wonderful with these papers, stamps and dies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Lou! I love your new fold. It looks great with the metallic gears and red car. Awesome!!! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your "stand up" cards. Popping the die-cut up is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.