Social Stamping Blog Host - Birthdays in Isolation



So .... how has your week been? I hope that you've had a great one and have found some time to do something creative. Time for another Blog Host hosted by the fabulous Kelly Kent. Our theme for this hop is Birthdays in Isolation. A very special theme seeing as this is Kelly's birth month. Make sure you hop around to see lots of birthday inspiration. If you get lost you can come back to the main participant list here.

Birthdays in Isolation can be tough. It's special occasions like this that you really miss being able to see friends and family so I think it is even more important to not only remember someone's birthday but to do something to show how much you care. For me that always includes putting time and love into making a special card.

Now while I can't show you the special card I made for Kelly (that would ruin the surprise) I can show you some other fancy cards I have made using the gorgeous (and retiring) Parisian Blossoms DSP and Parisian Beauty bundle. I am ashamed to say this is the first time I have used the bundle. Not sure what I was saving it for! I am a bit late to the party but it is fabulous. Make sure you grab it while still in stock!


So I have made a Bay Window Card using Alicia Yap's wonderful instructions which you can find here. I made another version a few days ago - check it out too. I just love how they fold flat to fit into an envelope ......


.... and then stand up for display. The front edge pops under a raised element so that you get this great 3D card. It is really quite simple to make but I think this fold is quite stunning - perfect to commemorate a birthday in isolation! This fab fold is perfect to show off gorgeous, metallic DSP such as this.


There are so many great stamps and dies in this bundle. I am left asking myself .... again .... why I am only just using it now! The sentiment on the front may be a bit obscure .... but for me it was the obvious choice ..... Birthday Love! Der!


The inside of each card has plenty of room to add a message. Simple decoration to keep with the elegant DSP design.


So I had all of the DSP spread all over my desk so of course I had to make a few more using this card fold. I hold no responsibility for any addiction caused by this post!


Some fussy cut flowers and a sentiment using the So Sentimental bundle was all I added. This card could definitely be used for birthdays but I have left it occasion-less so that I can use it however I want. The stamp had 'healing' in the middle and I simple masked it off and then added a ribbon in the space.


And one card let to another! So this is not a birthday card .... the only link is that I used the same products and card fold! Of course you could use this layout and add a birthday sentiment.


The cute little flowers are from the Budding Blooms dies. They are not retiring - they were just the perfect size!


The sentiment panel was only attached to the centre panel of the card front so that when it is standing up it adds a bit more dimension.


I really do love the Parisian Beauty bundle! So many great elements to decorate your cards with! Why am I so late to the party???


Make sure you keep hopping now! Next up is the fabulous Rebecca Scurr. Can't wait to see her lovely creations.


Lou


Want some great ideas to keep your creativity flowing?
The Dimensionals May Tutorial Bundle is out now! 4 fabulous 3D card fold tutorials centred around a Floral theme.

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous cards Lou! The black card base makes everything pop & I love your fancy fold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These a beautiful. I like the different fold technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers!! Love it all! And I love this bundle and the papers too. You've done a brilliant job showing them off and using them. And thank you for introducing this marvelous new fold to me - I will definitely check this one out! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful cards. I haven’t seen this fold before so I might have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card design which perfectly suits this suite! I love all the cards you have made x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Lou. Love that fancy fold - first time I've seen that and it looks great with the awesome Designer Series Paper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My clever friend you never cease to amaze me with your creativity! Both cards are just perfect! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that's so lovely - think this would make an amazing Mother's Day card too, Thanks for sharing the link. They are all stunning. I"m even later to the party than you! I know I'll regret it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous cards!! I haven't used this set as much as I should have either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful trio of cards Lou and your 3D fold is perfect for showing the details off too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not seen anything like this before Lou, all your cards are lovely. Thanks for sharing your wonderful designs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So deluxe, it seems like you were waiting just for this card!!! So lucky to be getting a pretty card from someone as clever as you! Mine has arrived and is fabulous. Thank you, mwah! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.