Just Add Ink #480 - Just Add a Technique



At Just Add Ink this week we are challenging you to add a Technique. Oooooh I love a good technique!


I have used a technique using heat embossing and stencils. It doesn't really have a name. I just wondered if it would work, so played around with it. And as you can see it did work. You can find a video here showing how I did this. The video also shows how to colour the background but I didn't think this card needed it.


The copper embossing powder has such great depth and the texture you get when you use the Versamark ink through the stencil adds to the tree-y-ness.


I tend to make masculine cards using blues so wanted to try a different colour combination today. The Cajun Craze base looks great with the copper embossing and I added in some Champagne foil for the cogs.


The Geared Up Garage stamp set and coordinating Garage Dies have the perfect elements to use with a collagy card like this. I thought the sentiment that I used on the inside went perfectly with the 'You're a classic' that I used on the front. It is from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set


Make sure you pop on over to the Just Add Ink page to see what technique all the other Design Team members used. Why not enter your own creation? We always love seeing them!


Lou

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door.

Comments