Funky Folds March 2024 Blog Hop - Simply Zinnia Reverse Easel Card

 

Welcome to the first Funky Folds Blog Hop.


We are a group of like-minded paper crafters who love to make cards with funky folds. Funky actually means "modern and stylish in an unconventional or striking way"... so we are featuring cards that are not your usual rectangle/square portrait or landscape style. Think 'easel', 'pop-up', 'gatefold', 'z-fold', 'shaped' or 3D cards. The list is endless. 

All Blog Hops have an 'anything goes' theme using any type of 'funky' card fold. I've made Reverse Easel Card featuring the Simply Zinnia bundle and Sweetly Scripted stamp set which is a new Online Exclusive


You might be familiar with a regular Easel Card Fold. They are really versatile and a firm favourite of mine. They are really great for when you want to make a special card but don't have time for a fiddly card fold. 


A Reverse Easel is constructed in a similar way, with you scoring your card base in half and then scoring the front section to form the easel. For my card I have scored the front section at the halfway mark but you can play around with the position. The card front is folded back on itself and the easel element is attached to this section.


The stopper lines up against the fold to add to the design when folded flat. You can of course use regular cardstock but don't these printed Sweet Thoughts Memories & More Cards and Envelopes look great? Such a great time saver! Half of the job is done for you!

I created a pot using a die from the Countryside Corners set. I held it in place with a paper clip. It gets attached to whatever you add to the easel part, in this case, zinnias coloured with Stampin' Blends. To cover the stems, I added a back to the pot. I had intended to use the large blooms from this set but my dies didn't arrive in time. That idea can be for my next card!


I added a panel to the back of the card for a message. 


 I love how the pot covers my sentiment to make a fun design when the card is closed. 


Stay tuned. I have more Zinnia Reverse Easel Cards in the pipeline.

Next up you are off to see an amazing funky fold from Andrea Sargent

If you love to make cards with creative folds and would like to join in with our monthly Funky Folds Blog Hop, you are welcome to head on over to our community group on Facebook to be part of the fun. facebook.com/groups/funkyfoldsbloghops 

Thanks so much for hopping by,

Lou


To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above, the 'Click Here' graphic or the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. They will take you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door. 

Check all of the Online Exclusive products
So many amazing new goodies!



New Catalogue out now - January - April 2024. 
See it here. 



Check all of the Online Exclusive products
So many amazing new goodies!



  Birthday Card Organizer Kit - Wonderful gift!

$44 AUD, includes all you need to create 12 cards and the organizer. And I mean everything - even adhesive is included!


Check out my Tutorial Collections and individiual tutorials. 

You can the Tutorial Collections here and the individual tutorials here


Comments

  1. I absolutely love your reverse easel card, Lou and the pot full of zinnias is so bright and cheery. Thanks for joining in with the very first Funky Folds Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bron. You know I love a Funky Fold!

      Delete
  2. Super fold and lovely sample for the Zinnias products, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so gorgeous. I love your reverse easel card Lou with the divine zinnias. Your wonderful pot of flowers is delightful. I look forward to seeing more of your cards with the zinnias xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. It is such a quick fold to whip and the zinnias make for a fun, fuss free floral arrangement. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.