Colour INKspiration Challenge #152 - Stars At Night

 


Welcome back for another Colour INKspiration challenge. This inspiration picture which has inspired our colour palette was chosen by Crew Member, Bronwyn Eastley. Aren't they a stylish lot of colours!


See Picture Credit here

As soon as I saw these colours I thought of the Shining Brightly Designer Series Paper. It has some gorgeous Night of Navy paper, which funnily enough I didn't end up using. I used one of the Very Vanilla and gold pieces to create my origami star. 


The star is detachable so the recipient can pop it on their Christmas Tree!



This is one of the cards featuring in one of my upcoming classes. Let me know if you'd like to learn how to make it and other fab cards. 


The Stars At Night bundle is stunning! It contains an amazing Hybrid Embossing Folder. Can you see the depth of the embossing? Gorgeous! 


The sentiment die cut was the perfect shape for me to thread my decoration hanger through. I am sure I will be making a lot of these! 

****Edited- This star is something I have been making for years and I originally found it in an origami book for children when I was teaching primary school children. I can't add a copy of that here due to copyright but if you do an internet search for 'origami star pentagon' you will find many tutorials.  I have just spent a bit of time getting the pentagon templates just right in 2 perfect sizes - one for 6" x 6" paper and a larger one where I will be able to get 2 from a 12" x 12" piece of paper. I've added the templates here if you would like to use. I'd love it if you would link back to me if you use it online. It is set up for A4 paper so if you are printing on a different size paper remember to make sure you keep the original size and not shrink to fit.
 

Download the Origami Star Pentagon Template here.


You simply cut each template out and trace around it on the back of the DSP. For the large template you can fit 2 on a 12" x 12" piece of paper and it works best to trace the 2 before cutting as the top sides butt up against each other. 




If you'd love to come to a class in my Buderim Studio please send me a message. 

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Basic White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Basic Black as well as Metallics.

Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? 
Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Lou


To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above, the 'Click Here' graphic or the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. They will take you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door. 

New kit out now - perfect for quick Christmas crafting!


Check all of the Online Exclusive products
So many amazing new goodies!



Kit Collection - on sale in August.


Great Christmas Tag Kit - Festive Tags


Fabulous new kit - Colorful Kaleidoscope
$41 AUD, includes all you need to create 9 cards. I love the stamp set that is included! 






$44 AUD, includes all you need to create 12 cards and the organizer. And I mean everything - even adhesive is included!


Check out the latest Tutorial Collection from my Stampin' Up! team, 
The Bow-Ho Stampers. It features products from the 2023-24 Annual Catalogue.
We have 2 fabulous card folds - done 2 ways.
You can find it and all of our Tutorial Collections here


Comments

  1. Would love to do this. Please post instructions when you have figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added some more instructions for you in the post above. You will also see a link to download the templates. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  2. You can't add the actually origami site. But, please give us the name of the person so we can find your pattern. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added a link for you to download the pattern in the post above. If you google 'origami star pentagon' you will find heaps of videos and photos of how to fold it using my template. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  3. Bonjour, oui j'aimerai bien apprendre comment faire cette carte, je me suis déjà amusée à faire l'étoile, pas simple même avec p'isieurs tutos. Merci.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour, oui j'aimerai apprendre pour faire cette carte, je me suis déjà amusée à reproduire l'étoile, pas simple même avec des tutos. Merci.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome project Lou! Will definitely be giving this a try. I am waiting for the bundle to arrive, unfortunately the paper is not back in stock yet. Will have to wait a bit longer for it. Thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Connie. The paper is well worth waiting for. Happy creating.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.