Colour INKspiration Challenge #119 - Prized Peony

 


Can you believe that this weekend it will Easter? Hasn't the year flown by already! We have a gorgeous Easter pic which has inspired our challenge colour palette for you. 


I quite like this colour palette but I must say that I am not mad for Magenta Madness. Little pops of it seem to work well - a little goes a long way. To help add the pops of colour I started with some hexagons made using the Beautiful Shapes dies


My flower is from the Prized Peony stamp set and is stamped in Flirty Flamingo ink and coloured with the matching Stampin' Blends. I actually did a flower in each colour thinking that I would use them all .... was way too much so I will save them for another project. Actually I could do the same design as this with each flower. My peony is die cut using the coordinating Peony dies - both are retiring soon and are reduced. Great to have in your stash!


The sentiment is from the Timeless Tulips stamp set and is die cut using a label from the Beautiful Trees dies (retiring and reduced). The foliage is from one of my favourites - the Christmas Trimmings dies. I use these dies a lot and as you can see they work for much more than just Christmas. These are also retiring so make sure you snap them up while you can. To tie 😜 it all together, I added a bow using Pool Party Sheer Ribbon

Here's my top tip for you when making an arrangement like this. Once you have arranged your elements and are happy with the placement, tack them together with glue dots. It is very hard to get it all back in the same place and this saves much angst! Once you have your grouping tacked together then you can add it to the card mat and add more adhesive as needed. Let me know if this tip helps you out!

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by checking out all of the creations of the Colour INKspiration Crew in the challenge album on our Facebook page. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as Basic White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and Basic Black as well as Metallics.

Not a member of the Colour INKspiration Facebook group yet? 
Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Lou

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door. For all orders over $50 AUD I will gift you the latest tutorial bundle from The Dimensionals.




Make sure you also check out all of the retiring products
Many are reduced. Get in while stocks last!

Comments

  1. Beautiful Lou. Love the softness of the Flirty Flamingo Peony, and I totally get about not remembering where everything was placed when you go to try and stick it down. I am glad I am not the only one and thank you for the tip. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.