Instahop - Christmas in July

Well today is a bit exciting. I was asked to join in a new group for a monthly Instagram Hop. This group is full of lots of my stamping idols (not sure how I fit in but I'll take it!). I thought I would also do a blog post to add some more details for you. 

Our theme for this month is Christmas in July. I must admit the theme had me a bit stumped as I haven't ordered any new Christmas products yet. So being a resourceful girl I looked to see what Christmassy things I did have. Hmmmm .... I only had the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and the Stitched Stars dies so I decided to do a bit of a different take on a Christmas card and used them with some non-Christmas Designer Series Paper.

I'm so happy with the result. The Sweet Symmetry Designer Series Paper is absolutely gorgeous and with a bit of pleating, folding and arranging you get this! Add in a gold bow using the Simply Elegant Trim and you are pretty much done. 

I added this green strip of DSP underneath the sentiment to tie in with the pops of colour you see from folding the paper back. There is one strip on the card front and the 2nd strip is actually on the inside of the card but adds to the design when the card is closed. 

The extra strip happened by accident really. I was adding it to the inside of my card with the intention of trimming it flush with the edge of the card. I had to leave it for a minute to stop my cat chewing the pom pom on my slippers (don't ask!) and when I came back my card was closed and I saw how interesting it looked and added to the design on the card front. Don't you love a happy creative accident! The rest of the inside of my card has the sentiment stamped directly onto the card base and DSP and stars left over from the front. This would make a lovely card front design too!


If you love the Sweet Symmetry Designer Series Paper you are in luck as it is included in the Designer Series Paper sale with 15% off during July. More information here

Now I did mention that this is an Instagram hop so make sure you check out all of the other fabulous Christmas in July projects. Next up is the fabulous Lynsay Mahon and you will find her on Instagram at @inkythumbs.  

Lou

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door. For all orders over $50 AUD I will gift you the latest tutorial bundle from The Dimensionals.

Make sure you check out the latest tutorial bundle from The Dimensionals. Our theme for July/August is Trees and Plants and you can purchase it here


My card for the tutorial is an Interlocking Quadrant Card. You can find more information about it here


Comments