30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge - Day 12 Colour Combo and Day 13 Fairy Tail Christmas

Welcome to Days 12 and 13 of the 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge. Martin Stone has organised another month long card making challenge and this one is all about Christmas. If you'd like to see the whole month's challenge themes, check out his blog post here. I am trying to do the whole 30 days but we will see how I go. If you'd like to see cards made for the challenge check out this hashtag - #30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge

Day 12 sees us with this lovely colour palette.


I have used this sweet colour combo to make this quick tag using the Little Treats bundle. The tag top is actually the top of the box. My tag was cut 4.5 cm wide so that it fitted just inside the edges of the die and I trimmed the length using the scallop from the Budding Blooms dies.


How cute are these die cut ornaments? I stamped the base image in Crumb Cake ink and then then die cut the ornaments using Blushing Bride and Soft Sea Foam cardstock. I love that they are embossed and cut at the same time. I have so many more ideas with these! I added in some of this gold cord from the Wonder of the Season ribbon combo pack for the baubles to hang off. 


I made a second tag with Crumb Cake cardstock to add behind the first. I cut it a bit longer so that it gives a border at the bottom. Some Braided Linen Trim tied them together.


Now on to Day 13's challenge - Fairy Tail Christmas.


Of course I had to do a Christmas cat! What else would I do! As you can see this is the same design as the first tag and also uses the Little Treats bundle. I love that the bundle has so many images, sentiments and dies. I love the Santa hat. I tried to get the cat's ears to fit with the hat on a jaunty angle, but you know cats - they just do their own thing - so this is how the hat gets worn!


I've added paw pads to each o and coloured this cute cat (which is from the Pampered Pets bundle) in with Gray Granite Stampin' Blends. The little Poppy Parade hearts are actually from the paw print die in the set. Too cute not to use! And the Poppy Parade ribbon is out of the All the Trimmings ribbon combo pack


I adore this Little Treats bundle. Funnily enough I am using it for much more than the boxes you can make with the die. Check out some treat boxes I made here. This is one bundle that you should give a second look if you have not noticed it. And, of course, you can always order it through my online store. You'd qualify for the fab tutorial bundle at the end of this post for free too. Talk about winning all round!

Lou

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door.


Need some great ideas for cards for Babies and Kids?
This is the fun Concertina Banner Card that I made.


Find out about all 4 tutorials in the bundle and how to purchase them here


Comments