30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge - Day 1 Winter Winds and Day 2 Paper Piecing - Stitched Triangles

Welcome to Day 1 and 2 of the 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge. Martin Stone has organised another month long card making challenge and this one is all about Christmas. If you'd like to see the whole month's challenge themes, check out his blog post here. I am trying to do the whole 30 days but we will see how I go. As you can see, I am already a tad late for Day 1! If you'd like to see cards made for the challenge check out this hashtag - #30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge 

So Day 1 is all about Winter Winds.


As I live in Australia I am not accustomed to Wintery Christmases! It is normally sweltering. I don't have even one current stamp or die set with a snowflake or winter image so it was time to get a bit creative. I've used the fabulous Stitched Triangles Dies to create my trees and falling snowflakes. Squint and I bet you can see snow!


For the trees I have used the gorgeous Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper. It is really lovely and I know I will use it for many different projects. 


The sentiments inside and out are stamped using the Tree Angle stamp set. I have only just now got the pun! A bit slow on the uptake! 

Day 2 is all about Paper Piecing. 


I still had my Stitched Triangles Dies out so I thought back to my patchworking days and decided to piece together a fab plaid tree. 


Now I really thought that my idea was going to work. I die cut the largest equilateral triangle out of my Whisper White mat and then die cut 9 of the second smallest equilateral triangles from pieces of the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper. The top 2 rows nestle snuggly into to the triangle but the last row hangs over the large triangle. 


All good though - you can hardly tell!


I also pieced in a star from the Stitched Stars dies and the trunk from the Stitched Rectangle Dies. I can see I have a thing for stitching! To cover the corners I have added in some Holiday Rhinestones. Every tree needs a bit of bling right!


I look forward to seeing how everyone else interprets each day's challenge.

Lou

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door.


Need some great ideas for cards for Babies and Kids?
This is the fun Concertina Banner Card that I made.


Find out about all 4 tutorials in the bundle and how to purchase them here

Comments