Just Add Ink #515 - Just Add Mixed Media - Prized Peony



We have a fun challenge for you at Just Add Ink this week. We are adding Mixed Media. That just means using different sorts of things (media) on your project.


I've used some canvas paper (found in art supply shops) to create this vintage-ish card. It is really lightweight and great to use.


I've used the Peony Dies to cut the peony pieces from the canvas paper and coloured using Rococo Rose ink. The canvas paper allows you to sculpt the rose and curl the petals. 


I've added in a strip of this woodgrain from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper - does a pic of wood count as mixed media I wonder? Some vintage lace and rose metallic thread adds just a little more oomph to my card. Oh and some splatter of Early Espresso ink too.


The label is made using the Lovely You stamp set. I've roughed up the edges using scissors. All adds to my vintage mixed media card.


Make sure you pop on over to the Just Add Ink page to see how all the other Design Team members added mixed media. Why not enter your own creation? We always love seeing them!


Lou

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door.



Looking for some fun 3D card folds? The Dimensional July Tutorial Bundle is out now. 
Our theme is Peony Garden Suite - One Suite four ways. You will find all of the information about the bundle here. And if you order over $50 worth of products through my online Stampin' Up! store you will get the bundle for free! 


Here is the Peony Garden Acetate Box Card that I featured in my tutorial!



Comments