Just Add Ink #509 - Just Add a Colour Combination - Tri-fold card



Happy Friday. Hope you've had a great week. How about a fun challenge to get some creativity happening over the weekend? At Just Add Ink this week we have a colour combination for you.

Image may contain: text that says 'Join the challenge! Just Add Ink just-add-ink.blogspot.com Highland Heather Pool Party So Saffron Crumb Cake Colour Challenge #509'

Now I have to admit that I was stumped with a capital S with these colours. I would never, ever, EVERRRR put them together and while I love Pool Party and Crumb Cake I am a bit rude about So Saffron. I think I still have the same pack of cardstock that I bought when Stampin' Up! first came to Australia so that tells you how much I use it! Okay ... I may need to rethink that as So Saffron is actually a bit nice. I've been missing out for all of these years! That is the fab thing about challenges .... they ... well ..... challenge you .... to use different colours, products or techniques and to think and create a little differently to how you normally do. 

When I sat down to create, I got out everything I own in those colours, which I might add included a lot of grumbling about how would I ever be able to make something with them that would look good even if you didn't squint. I had the base for another Jar of Flowers Tri-fold card ready to go so I decided that I could use the colours in floral arrangements. You can find details on the tutorial for this card at the end of my post. 


I love how this card folds flat(ish) to fit into an envelope and then opens up for a real wow! 3 floral arrangements!

  

The jar in the middle is made with the Jar punch and a Mason Jar Shaker Dome. I have punched a jar from Crumb Cake card stock, inked the edges and then rounded the edges to fit into the shaker dome. To secure it in place I added a stack of 6 dimensionals to middle the of the punched jar. That should ensure my card stock jar insert doesn't collapse over time.


I have used the Forever Fern stamp set and coordinating Forever Flourishes dies to make my floral arrangements. This Forever Fern bundle is such a favourite of mine. I love how you can die cut stamped images as well as there being some dies that just cut foliage. The best of both worlds!

  

There is even room on the back to write a message. And the bonus of this card fold is that you get to see both sides of the gorgeous In Good Taste Designer Series Paper


So now that I am in love with my card I am wondering what all of my grumbling was about! So why not try our challenge and get a little bit out of your comfort zone! And of course if you would like to try this card fold you can find the info at the end of this post. 

Make sure you pop on over to the Just Add Ink page to see how all the other Design Team members used these colours. Why not enter your own creation? We always love seeing them!



Lou

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door.

Looking for some fun new card folds using some fabulous new products 
from the Stampin' Up! 2020-21 Annual Catalogue? 

The Dimensionals June Tutorial Bundle has you covered. My Jar of Flowers Tri-fold card is just one of the 4 tutorials.


                               

You can purchase the tutorial bundle here. I know you will love it!


Comments