Pedal to the Metal Pop-up Adapted Easel Card for #GDP229


Happy Thursday! Just a quick post today!  I was finishing a card for a card class that I am teaching on Monday and saw that I had used the colours from the current Global Design Project challenge - #GDP229. I just don't seem to get time to enter lately, so today is a bonus!

The challenge colours were perfect for the male version of my Pop-up Adapted Easel Card Fold. This card fold was my contribution to The Dimensionals 3D card tutorial bundle this month. Details below. It is a really fun fold that I am addicted to! It seemed perfect for this cute buggy from the Pedal to the Metal stamp set. You can scroll back through this month to see more versions too!



The grass is a fab die in the Ladybug dies - part of the Product Coordination promotion. It helps hide the pop up part.


There's not too much to it, once you have folded the card. I simply stamped the image, coloured with Stampin' Blends and fussy cut. 


I felt that the Crushed Curry base needed some texture, so I coloured some Embossing Paste with some reinker and whacked it on. To get the tyre tracks in the sand, I waited until the Embossing Paste was slightly dry and then stamped into it with Crushed Curry ink. I cleaned the stamp in between each stamping in case I got EP on the ink pad. 




So there you have it. A bit of fun! I have another version in pieces using the motorbike from this stamp set. I'll demonstrate how to put that card together during my Monday class. Pop back next week to see how that turned out. 



Before I go, I just wanted to remind Debbie Magann to contact me to claim her prize in this month's competition. Debbie you might have missed my comment where you were chosen as the winner of the February Tutorial Bundle, so please contact me using the tab above and let me know your email address so I can email you your prize.

Lou

EDITED: IMPORTANT INFORMATION – AS FROM THE 1ST OCTOBER, 2022, THE DIMENSIONALS TUTORIAL BUNDLES WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE TO PURCHASEHOWEVER, YOU CAN BUY SINGLE TUTORIALS FROM ANY OF THE BUNDLES, AT A COST OF $5.00 (AUD) EACH. 

HEAD TO MY PAGE HERE TO CHECK OUT MY TUTORIALS OR CONTACT THE OTHER 3 DESIGNERS BY CLICKING THEIR NAME. (You will be taken directly to their site). - Bronwyn Eastley - Nicole Wilson - Sharni Haines 

To purchase The Dimensionals February Tutorial Bundle click here.

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door.

Comments