Colour INKspiration Challenge #65 Blog Hop



I just don't know how Wednesday rolled around again so quickly! Does it creep up on you too? So how about a Colour INKspiration challenge to get you over that midweek hump? Check out these sultry colours we have for you.


I was at a bit of a loss as to what to create and left it to the last minute. I really wanted to make a card for a friend but wanted it to be fun and not too sappy. Not how I roll! So penguins it was ..... of course ..... what else would you use! My mind is a mysterious thing people. It comes up with strange things. Even so, I love this fun card. Says what I need it to without having to agonise over the words!


Isn't she just so cool! The images and sentiments are from the Playful Penguins stamp set. How great to be able to use it for more than just Christmas! As I said previously, I was a bit stumped as to how to use these colours as they were a bit dark for what I had in mind. Then it occurred to me that dark colours are just perfect for watercolouring. They really allow you to get a depth of colour. I have used Merry Merlot to colour her fabulous feathery frock and added Blackberry Bliss toenail (do penguins have such a thing????) polish and lipstick. My Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Blends were just perfect to colour in her Pearl necklace!


And to show off how special my friend is, I really wanted to make this cool chick sparkle. Some Snowflake Sequins dotted around did that job!


On the inside I was able to use another great sentiment from the stamp set. Isn't that lovely!


INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use Whisper White, Very Vanilla and Basic Black as well as Metallics. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up your are off to New Zealand to visit my very creative friend, Jan Clothier. Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination. You will love it!

Lou

To purchase the products I've used today you can click any of the direct links in the text above or click the 'Shop Online' tab at the top of this page. Both ways will get you directly to my online store, where you are only minutes away from getting products delivered straight to you door.

Comments

  1. oh that is cool!!. Not familiar with the last minute moment myself....ahem! I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about watercolouring letting you have your cake and eat it too - more range of colour. Your sassy girl penguin is super, necklace and all. Your mind is a creative wonder, Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have thought to pair the penguins with these colours - I love what you've come up with and your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card!! I'm sure your friend loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.