Just Add Ink #468 - Just Add a C



Oh it is great to be back creating! This is my first week of  being able to make a few cards since moving into our new house. My craft studio is still pretty much in boxes. You can see some pics in my post from yesterday. It's been a bit like those cooking shows where the contestants have to cook using the items in the mystery box. I just opened and box and used what was in it to make my card! Soon I will be all sorted! So on with this week challenge at Just Add Ink. We are asking you to add something starting with C. It can be a technique, product, colour, anything you can think of!


I was lucky enough to open the box that had my embossing equipment in it along with this new stamp set called Capture the Good. So a camera card it was!


It's pretty simple really. I heat embossed the camera in silver on a strip of cardstock, folded and trimmed both sides. I also heat embossed the lens cap in black and die cut.


On my card I die cut part of the lens using one of the circles from the Layering Circles Dies, making sure it was one size smaller than the lens cap.


My next dilemma was how to attach the lens cap and make it removable. Thank goodness for my odds and sods box - the things I didn't get to sort before the move - in there was a pair of tiny magnets! So I popped one behind the heart which is inside the card and one on the underside of the lens cap. I added 4 circle die cuts in all to make the lens cap more raised.


It's a fun card that really could be used for lots of occasions. You could put lots of different things on the inside.


And the really great thing is that the image is so detailed that it does all of the hard work for you. Just add in a touch of colour where the image is already shaded and you are good to go!


I am so glad to be back creating, but Millie is even more excited. She is a cat that loves giving input into all creative decisions .... whether I want it or not!



Make sure you pop on over to the Just Add Ink page to see how all the other Design Team members added C. Why not enter your own creation? We always love seeing them!


Lou

Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

Comments