Colour INKspiration Challenge #61 Blog Hop



Hi and welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge. It has been a while since I have been able to participate. The short story for those not caught up - we have moved house, gotten our old house ready for sale (and open homes ughh!), sold our old house and unpacked a trillion boxes! My craft studio (yep, it's bigger than a room) is all unpacked and waiting for the Ikea delivery later this week. This weekend is going to be a flat pack and allen key fest! Anyway enough about me! What do you think about this gorgeous colour combination?


So ........ in the middle of my studio I had a tiny bit of room on a table to create in and had to keep dislodging piles of things to find what I wanted. I found it hard to concentrate ...... dreaming of blinking and my studio being all set up! Honestly I just wasn't feeling it and what I had envisaged just didn't happen! I had lots of discarded attempts in the bin and some screwed up bits of cardstock on the floor that Millie the cat was playing with when I squinted and thought one piece looked less bad than the others and slapped this together.


Okay maybe slapped together is a bit harsh but let's say I spent far less time deliberating over this one! Those boxes were not going to unpack themselves. I had this great idea to ink up the flat side of my Magnolia 3D embossing folder with Gray Granite ink so that when I ran it through the big shot the magnolias would stay white and the background would be inked. Such a great idea in theory but I just seemed to be a bit heavy handed with the ink and it kept going onto the flowers. 


On my last attempt I used a rag to wipe away the excess ink. It sort of worked but I think it gives a vintagey feel. The Mint Macaron piece behind it was kindly given the vintage feel by Millie (the furry assistant).


Adding in a large amount of Soft Suede would make this card a bit heavy so I simply coloured some Whisper White baker's twine with a Soft Suede Stampin' Blend. It's there, but only just!


This card ended up going from trash to not quite treasure but I actually don't mind it! Stay tuned for some photos next week of my finished studio. Fingers crossed!

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use Whisper White, Very Vanilla and Basic Black as well as Metallics. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up you are off to New Zealand to see the fabulous Jacque Williams. Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination. You will love it!

Lou


Product List



Comments

  1. Great crafting under difficult circumstances! That's such a great folder - how could it not turn out well? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with what you've achieved amongst boxes and with a cat! I always struggle with the over inking using this technique so I really think you've nailed it! Great way to show off those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bold and beautiful. Can't wait to see your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Useful article, thank you for sharing the article!!!

    Website bloggiaidap247.com và website blogcothebanchuabiet.com giúp bạn giải đáp mọi thắc mắc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.