Just Add Ink #460 - Just Add Emboss Resist



At Just Add Ink this week we have a fun technique for you to try as our challenge. 


I love embossing of any sort! Adding in the resist part just adds to the fun. I couldn't resist (pun intended!) using my new Butterfly Wishes stamp set with this technique to help show off 2 of my favourite new colours - Rococo Rose and Pretty Peacock.


It's a bit hard to see but my branch and flowers are embossed with clear embossing powder to capture the colour underneath.


I used my trusty Stamparatus to help me. First up I used a wet cotton bud to colour each flower with Rococo Rose ink. After cleaning the stamp, I then stamped the whole image in Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. Using the stamparatus means the image lines up perfectly every time.


Now I should admit that this card was a result of 'well here goes nothing, it can't look any worse!' Once I had embossed on the shimmery white cardstock I splattered Pretty Peacock ink over it. It looked decidedly dodgy and as I tried to wipe the ink off the embossed parts it ran all over the card and well .... I was seconds away from a creative tantrum featuring dramatic cardstock tossing and a few choice words ..... until I somehow rescued the situation. I had grabbed a wet cotton makeup pad to dab off the excess ink and as I wiped it looked less dodgy so I simply wiped the ink all over the cardstock. Shimmery White cardstock lets you move colour around quite well. So now it is decidedly less dodgy!


The bottom of my cardstock had a huge paw print on it when Millie the wonder cat decided to take interest in the action so I torn the edge on an angle. On the upside - it gave me the perfect place to pop some of this gorgeous Pretty Peacock scalloped edged ribbon. Win win! Thank Mil!


So from near creative tantrum to triumph!


Make sure you pop on over to the Just Add Ink page to see how all the other Design Team members used the emboss resist technique. Why not enter your own creation? We always love seeing them!


Lou

Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

Comments