Kelly's stamping friends - birthday blog hop 2019



What a fabulous reason for a blog hop. Today we are celebrating my wonderful friend Kelly Kent's birthday. Today is Kelly's birthday eve so this is great way to prepare for her birthday tomorrow. I love getting together with my stamping friends, both in person and online. It's amazing how many friends I've made through Stampin' Up!. Not just acquaintances but true friends. Anyway enough sap. You'll think someone else has taken over this post if I go on!

So ..... spoiler alert Kelly  ..... don't read on if your present hasn't arrived yet. Didn't think that through did I!  Kelly always gives really thoughtful gifts so I wanted to make something for her new craft area and decided it had to sparkle!


I really wanted to try the Floating Frames technique. When I was recently in Auckland for Stampin' Up!'s OnStage event I was able to track down some Press'n'Seal for this technique. It was a serious case of FOMO - everyone was talking about it and I didn't want to must out! It's a fab technique that I first saw Jennifer McGuire do.

It's basically a collage of different die cut images. By die cutting the middle out you get 2 sections to create with.  I've used the middle on this card.


The images from the It Starts with Art stamp set was perfect to use. The coordinating Arts & Crafts dies give a lovely, professional look. 


And check out those cute press studs! There's a die with 3 different sizes. Funny the weird things that take my fancy!


The outside frame was perfect for this snow globe frame. There is probably a technical term for it but I'm sure you get the idea. It's glittery and the perfect stress release.


I added in some images from the Crafting Forever stamp set as well the sentiment which I thought was perfect.


Just give the frame a shake and you'll be instantly soothed! The liquid in the frame really makes the Stampin' Blends coloured images look crisp and bright. 


I plan to make one for myself but of course it's still in bits! I love that you can easily slip your creation into the back of the frame and replace when you need a change.

I made a quick video of it in action! 


Make sure you go hop around to each blog as we join Kelly in her birthday celebrations. Next up is Sandra Collett. Can't wait to see what gorgeous creation she has for us.

Lou
Image may contain: text



PARTICIPANT LIST
11 Lou Kitzelman - That's me!

Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

Comments

  1. Now that's something completely different, Lou!! Love the 'snow globe' - that's a blast from the past, they used to fascinate me as a child. Lots of work gone into creating your floating frame, but it was worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Lou this is amazing. Kelly will treasure it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazing Lou! A fabulous way to decorate the 'snow globe' for a fun home decor piece!! Love it! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Lou! I'm sure Kelly will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou, Kel will love your card and gift, they are amazing and lots of fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun projects Lou! I love that frame, and just perfect with those images and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so I couldn't resist a sneak peek while my present is snail mailing it across the Nullabor. Stalking the postie now because that is AMAZING!!! Can't wait for it to be on display in all its glittery glory in my craft room! Thanks for being part of my birthday celebrations! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect for Kelly!! Or any of us crafting addicts. I want one now, too. Waaahhh! Such beautiful colouring as always, Lou, and I love the black background for the card, it really makes those die cuts pop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love snow globes and that frame is gorgeous!!! I'm sure Kelly will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect gift for a papercrafter - I just love the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh I love this foil paper lips and press studs too. Ssoooooo cute! I love all the tiny details and gorgeousness. Stunning pressy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous combo for a crafting friend Lou and I'm sure the snow frame will be much loved and shaken often too! The die cut frame and images really pop on your black card base too. Such a great take on this fun technique!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and I love the glitter “snow globe” frame. It would look amazing in any crafter’s craft space.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Lou I love this! I need to make a stress relief one for me haha! Totally gorgeous love your gift and card. Thanks for sharing. Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my gosh .. the Press N Seal craziness in Auckland! Some girls had 10 boxes of that stuff! I do love what you've done especially the 'snowglobe' frame :) Gorgeous work as always Lou!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.