Just Add Ink #446 - Just Add an inspiration pic



This week at Just Add Ink we have this gorgeous inspiration pic for you!


I was so taken with the whole design and texture that I decided to base my whole card on it!


It is a simple easel card. The fold allowed me to make it look as if the vases were standing on a table.


I even like it when it is folded flat and ready to pop in an envelope!


The Balmy Blue front panel has been embossed with the Tin Tile embossing folder, smeared with white Gesso, then sanded lightly when dry to give that rustic, weathered look.


My blooms have been coloured with Stampin' Blends and fussy cut. I added some extra in to add more fullness and fill up the space a bit more. 


If you haven't ever tried embossing cardstock, adding gesso and sanding - you really must. It is a great way to add texture and it is actually quick to do.


Make sure you pop on over to the Just Add Ink page to see how all the other Design Team members were inspired by this gorgeous pic. Why not enter your own creation? We always love seeing them!


Lou

Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

Comments

  1. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, your background is gorgeous. Off to the shops to find some gesso now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Lou! I love how your vases are standing on the table - so clever!! The details on your tile background are fabulous and so soft and pretty too, the Gesso effect is fantastic. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.