Stamp Review Crew - Love What You Do



So somehow we got to the last day of 2018! I hope that it has been a fabulous year for you and that 2019 is shaping up to be fab too. Before I get down to business I just wanted to thank you for your support. I appreciate each and every time someone takes the time to read my blog and I always love reading comments you leave me. Here's to another great year of creating together!

Welcome back to another Stamp Review Crew blog hop. The Stamp Review Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world that get together on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month for a blog hop. Each hop we showcase one stamp set and show you just how much you can do with it. Get ready for lots of inspiration and lots of reasons to use (or buy😊) this stamp set! Currently you are visiting Lou Kitzelman on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Hi!

For this hop we are featuring the Love What You Do stamp set.
This set has been out for 6 months now so you will find lots of different ideas on how to use it online. I decided to use it in a different way by combining it with some new products from the Stampin' Up! 2019 Occasions Catalogue. You only have a few more sleeps until you can order from it and also take advantage of all of the free products in the Sale-a-bration catalogue.

I couldn't resist making a version of an easel card using the Tea Together stamp set.  And ... you don't have to hand cut them - you can earn the Tea Time framelits  for free when you spend $180 AUD. I love Sale-a-bration time!


To allow the teapot and teacup to stand up, I adapted the easel fold card. It is a regular card size with the front scored at 2.5 cm (or 1") in from the front edge to form the easel.


My card still folds flat to fit into an envelope. I have used the flower bunch to create a tablecloth (ish!) effect. Copper embossing makes everything look good! I can't wait till my new products from the Occasions Catalogue arrive - I have a fab idea in my head using this design. Let's just say gingham tablecloths will be involved. Stay tuned!


And I am not sure if you noticed the shadow under the cup and pot ..... I used the ends of the large splotch stamp and versamark. So  many uses for this stamp set!


The Tea Together stamp set has some lovely flowers that you can use on the cup and teapot but I love that the Love What You Do stamp set works with it too. I love these flowers in all of their copper and Coastal Cabana glory! So that the teapot and cup stay standing proud, I used thick Whisper White cardstock.


And don't overlook the words/sentiments in this stamp set. I had forgotten about this 'thankyou' for some reason. It is a fab size and in a great font. And I discovered that it fits perfectly into one of the Rectangle Stitched Framelits that are also in the new Occasions Catalogue.


I nearly forgot to tell you about the easel part of the card! Must have my New Year's Eve plans on my mind! I cut a strip the the length of my card (14. 8 cm) and 2.5 cm wide and raised it with foam adhesive strips. It makes the perfect stopper to rest the easel against. Add in some Coastal Cabana and Copper ribbon and you are all set! I was quite chuffed when I came up with this idea. Let's hope I have more good ideas in 2019!


Make sure you hop around to see what all the crew have done with this gorgeous stamp set. Next up is Linda. I bet she will wow us!

Happy New Year everyone!

Lou

Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

Comments

  1. Well I would love to come to your tea party! Sweet sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card idea!! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of stamping on another set image brilliant! Love your card so sweet Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - there's no end to your creativity! 2018 has seen many amazing fancy folds on your blog!! Happy New Year Lou - thanks for another fabulous year of you. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, you hit so many of my favorite things with this card, Lou! A fun new fold. Aqua, copper, embossing. And TEA! LOVE it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this beautiful idea and for sharing.
    I am a demonstrator in Colorado and grateful that you shared.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.