Stamp Review Crew - Dashing Deer


Welcome back to another Stamp Review Crew blog hop. The Stamp Review Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world that get together on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month for a blog hop. Each hop we showcase one stamp set and show you just how much you can do with it. Get ready for lots of inspiration and lots of reasons to use (or buy😊) this stamp set! Currently you are visiting Lou Kitzelman on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Hi!

For this hop we are featuring Dashing Deer.

I have to tell you I am cutting it very fine for this hop. #gluestilldrying! I have had lots on and actually did not think that I would get a card finished in time. But you know what? The Dashing Deer stamp set is fabulous for whipping up quick cards that actually look like they took more time!


The gorgeous large deer stamp has a great filigree pattern. This is one of the Distinktive stamps from Stampin' Up!. There is a deeply etched image so you get a 2 tone effect. Cool hey! One inking and 2 colours!


I started off with the lovely copper and Coastal Cabana ribbon and used it as my colour scheme. Then it was as simple as stamping the deer, die cutting with the Detailed Deer thinlits and putting my card together.


Did you notice the cooper die cuts under my main panel? They are also in the Detailed Deer thinlits set. They are actually corner pieces which I have cut to make into a strip. It is a quick and easy design element to add.


The Dashing Deer stamp set has great sentiments in it as well - perfect for the inside of my card! And I just love the border stamp - really dresses up the inside of the card. Simple but elegant!


And then .... I had just enough time to crack open my gorgeous Striped Burlap Trim to make this simplified version.


The Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler colours in the ribbon made it easy to pick my colour scheme for my card! And I was really running out of time so I used the Classic Label punch to quickly punch out my sentiment.


Make sure you hop around to see what all the crew have done with this gorgeous stamp set. Next up is Mary. I can't wait to see what gorgeousness she has in store for us!

Lou

Comments

  1. Right on target cute!! love them both.love a simple design that just jumps out at you with pizazz. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card design, Lou! It just sets off the deer. And the copper details in your first card are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Same design - two TOTALLY different looks. I wanted to figure out a way to use the Coastal Cabana ribbon, but just couldn't figure out a way. YOU DID! And the chunkier ribbon looks so country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love the beautiful white and Coastal Cabana card! Very clean and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lou! What gorgeous colors and wonderful design! I LOVE the Coastal Cabana with the touches of gold. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love these cards great designs and the coastal cabana with the touches of gold is wow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.