Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop - favourite technique - Little Twinkle



So somehow Spring has sprung here in Australia - where is this year going? Is it just me or is it whizzing past way too fast??? For our September Stampin' Dreams blog hop we all about our favourite techniques. I thought I'd go out on a bit of a tangent and show you my favourite design technique - coordination! It's not rocket science but I love matching my card with the gift I am giving someone. Stampin' Up! makes is super easy to do that.

Recently one of my favourite people gave birth to the most beautiful baby boy. Even before he was born I knew he had to be swathed in Coastal Cabana. Luckily Country Road was on the same wavelength. I bought this gorgeous bunny and rug, then made the card to match the colours.


The Little Twinkle stamp set was perfect to use for this Tri-fold Window card. The tutorial I used is by Bronwyn Eastley from AddINKtive designs. It folds flat to show off this great framed window.......


..... and then opens up for a bit of fun!


Just by using the colours from my gift - Coastal Cabana, Whisper White and Basic Black - I was able to make the perfectly coordinated card.


It's a tricky fold to photograph so I'll just show you some of it's best angles!





The back has a panel to write your message on too.


The little bunny is from the A Good Day stamp set. All he needed was a Coastal Cabana bow. Are getting the impression that this is one of my favourite colours????


Make sure you hop around to see the favourite techniques of everyone. Next up is Stephanie.

Lou






Product List

Comments

  1. Your card is stunning! Love those colours together and what a great fold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card for your lucky friend & her new baby boy. I love how you've added the little bunny stamp/punch for extra coordination! Thanks for hopping with the Sept SDBH Crew xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid fold technique and sweet card for a new baby! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Lou.....am definitely going to give this fold a try

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo.... that's the main reason I LOVE Stampin' Up! - coordination! Such a lovely gift and I love the fold (and the card, of course)! It's always a pleasure to hope with you, Lou! (((HUGS))) across the waters xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great card Lou. I love the fold. What a lovely gift set for your friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the card, and same as you I love coordinating gifts with the cards! I think this is a great feature when you handmade the card as it will fit perfectly every time :) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.