Just Add Ink #409 - Just Add an Eclipse



Welcome back to another Just Add Ink Challenge. This week Rachael is challenging us to Just Add an Eclipse Technique.


I was asked to make a wedding card as a custom order and I thought this technique would be great to add some extra drama for this special card. I had in my mind a double eclipse card. I am not at all sure if that is actually thing .... but maybe it is now!


I used the colours from the wedding invitations. It gave me a chance to use Mint Macaron - one of my returning faves. Flowers from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set and leaf foliage thingys from the Cake Soiree stamp set made it quick and easy to stamp this design. The time consuming part was thinking about how I was going to do the diecutting! I love the Mint Macaron tiny pearls that are part of the Artisan Pearl pack.


The eclipse technique is really quite easy and adds such a fabulous design element. In a nutshell you stamp your design, die cut a shape from that and raise the die cut either with dimensionals or by gluing several die cuts together. My design needed a bit of tweaking to the technique. I actually die cut the circle and 'love' first, placed it all back together and then stamped. It was much easier for me to work out the placement. I was really happy with how it turned out and I hope that the happy couple love it.


I layered about 5 loves, gluing with multipurpose glue. So that I could get the ring a bit lower, I used mini stampin' dimensionals to raise it.


I had intended to use the top stamped sentiment on the card front but it looked too busy so I added a second panel to the card inside.


Make sure you pop on over to the Just Add Ink page to see how all the other Design Team members added a total eclipse. Why not enter your own creation? We always love seeing them!



Lou

Product List
Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Pad
Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Pad
[138326]
$11.50

Comments

  1. Beautiful interpretation of an eclipse card ..... tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Lou! The double eclipse is stunning! Gorgeous colours and the use of the Artisan Pearls makes for that extra special touch! All round super pretty! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re just too clever. Love it, so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. So chic & elegant, Lou. Perfect for a modern wedding. Those little pearly sprigs are a lovely detail.
    D :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this so much Lou <3 Hope you are enjoying your holiday!!! The photos look AMAZING!
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.