World Autism Awareness Day Blog Hop


Image may contain: text

Hi and welcome to the World Autism Awareness Day blog hop organised by my talented, hardworking and beautiful Jenny Hall.

While I do not have any family members with Autism, I have several friends who do. While I was trying to think of something to say about how fabulous I think they and their family members are and how they constantly amaze me with their support, love and determination, I came across this paragraph on the Autism Awareness site. It really struck a cord with me and I hope it does with you too. Too often we are only aware of stereotypes.
Whilst there are some shared characteristics, it’s important to remember and respect that autism presents differently in different people.
Autism is not a physical disability so people on the spectrum look no different to their peers.  This can make it difficult for some people to understand why an autistic person might be behaving or reacting in a particular way.
Many people with ASD live completely independent lives, others need support in almost all aspects.
Let’s all aim to see each person with ASD for the person they are, and not for what we think their diagnosis means.
World Autism Awareness Day helps raise awareness of all aspects of Autism and helps raise much needed funds for research and support programs. The colour for Autism is blue and lots of landmarks around the world light up to help raise awareness. This is the Story Bridge in Brisbane (1 and a bit  hours south of where I live) all lit up over this Easter long weekend.



Behind the scenes there is always some unsung hero who is working tirelessly to help support people with Autism. I wanted to make a card to show just how amazing I think they are. It might be a parent, relative or support worker who might just need a small token to show how appreciated they are.


A watercoloured background and some Shimmery White cardstock flowers from the Bouquet Bunch set made a quick and easy bouquet.


To give the flowers a bit of depth, I sparingly used glue dots to secure them. The pearls hide it!


This great sentiment and banner is from the Banners For You stamp set and the coordinating Bunch of Banners framelits.


The stamp set has some phrases that you can combine to suit the occasion. I thought this was perfect for inside my card. 


The front mats are raised with foam adhesive strips and I have added some Corduroy Ribbon to help show off the sentiment.


Next up you are off to the Netherlands to visit my gorgeous and talented friend, Danielle Bennenk. Please make sure you hop around to see all of the blogs. You will not only get a lot of inspiration, but you will also learn a lot of different things about all aspects of Autism. A huge thank you to Jenny for organising this hop to raise awareness for such a worthy cause.

http://mrsbrightside.nl/?p=4117
Lou




Registration for Module Two now open. 

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE your card Lou <3
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Lou! YOU amaze me every time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning card, Lou!! Love all the layers xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and perfect for many occasions.....with various colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lacy bloom you've created Lou! It reminds me of my neighbor's gorgeous hydrangea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.