Creating Kindness Design Team April Blog Hop - Colour



Hi Everyone and welcome to the April Creating Kindness Design Team blog hop. I am excited to tell you that I am now an official member of this team of talented and creative people. No pressure!


Our theme for this hop is Colour. That is quite a broad theme and I was a bit stumped at first as to which direction I would go in. I kept coming back to a piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the Sweet Soiree pack. I didn't want to cut it until I had the right project in mind for it. It had to be something where the gorgeous colours were on show and not covered. So I decided to make a fun sliding card with a hidden message.


I have used the sliding mechanism from the Sliding Door framelits. You can see other cards I've made using it here. I love it when you can use products for much more than what they were intended for. My brain goes into overdrive sometimes! So instead of a sliding door, I have a sliding tag that reveals a secret message.


 I made 2 versions. This if the first one - it helped me iron out the kinks in my design!


Instead of adding a big message panel I have just added small sentiment strips - don't want to cover up all of that gorgeous DSP!


 I added some DSP to the envelope and back message panel too. I decided less is more in this case!


I had intended to stamp lots of elements on this card but it all seemed to compete with the DSP. I wanted the colours in it to stand out so I only added solid cardstock. You will find a link below to my first ever YouTube video. In that I show you how I made this card, including a neat technique called partial die cutting that helps you get more use out of your thinlits/framelits.

For your reference, here are the measurements that I mention in the video.

  • Card base - 1/4 of a piece of cardstock - if using A4 - 10.5 cm x 14.8 cm.
  • Message panel and DSP piece - 0.5 cm/1/4" shorter and narrower than the card base. If using A4 - 10 cm x 14.3 cm.
  • Tag - 10 cm x 4.7 cm or 3 7/8" x 1 7/8"

Up next in the blog  hop is my fellow Aussie, the uber talented and extremely hilarious (make sure you read her posts - she always cracks me up!) Cheryll Miller.


The Design Team also have a video hop to show how to make the projects in more detail. Eek! This is my first YouTube Video! Hope you like it!


Lou






Module Two registration open now!

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

  1. Brilliant design, Lou! Thrilled to have you as a full time team member as well as all of the talent you bring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Lou. I enjoyed watching your first You Tube Video and this old gal learnt a few tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lou, that card is awesome and I'm so happy to be hopping with you. Love your first video, you rocked it big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Lou! Love your two tone roses xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.