Stamp Review Crew - High Tide


Welcome back to another Stamp Review Crew blog hop. The Stamp Review Crew is a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators from around the world that get together on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month for a blog hop. Each hop we showcase one stamp set and show you just how much you can do with it. Get ready for lots of inspiration and lots of reasons to use (or buy😊) this stamp set! Currently you are visiting Lou Kitzelman on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Hi!

For this hop we are featuring High Tide.
This stamp set is from the Annual Catalogue so has been out for a while. I was a bit stumped as to how I could do something original until I looked at some of my new sets and had an idea. The Sliding Door framelits would be perfect to hide a secret message!


I love the sentiments in this set but needed a birthday card so used some from Big on Birthdays. I also needed a card that wasn't floral. These are the perfect images to fit the bill! So one side has a birthday message then .....


..... simply slide the panel back to reveal the second part of the message. I used Stampin' Write markers to just colour 'shine' on the stamp for a bit of fun.


The light beam was stamped with the 2 pieces of cardstock in place and lined up before I adhered them to the card. For some oceany texture I have used the Seaside Textured Impressions Embossing folder on the bottom quarter of the top panel.


It is a bit hard to see, but the light beam has a coat of Wink of Stella over the top to make it shine!


And then all you have to do is turn the card over to see the message panel on the back! The stamp set has all the elements to help you quickly build a scene.


Make sure you hop around to see what all the crew have done with this gorgeous stamp set. Next up is the incredibly talented Heidi Baks. Can't wait to see what she has in store for us!


Lou

Product List

Comments

  1. This is a really clever idea, Lou. I just got the Sliding Door Framelits and am looking forward to trying them out. Thanks for some awesome inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek, how fun is this?! I love the idea of using the slider die to create a fun interactive card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou, this is so adorably clever! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fun and cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card and a great idea to pair it with the new Sliding Door Framelits

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever is that?! I love the way you used the sliding door! I was sure I could do without that bundle, and you all have been working hard to convince me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! So clever! Now I have something else to use that die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, Lou! How clever to create a slider card! This is a card which will certainly brighten anyone's birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.