Just Add Ink #388 - Just Add Glitter


Nooooooooo! How did December sneak up on me??? Welcome back for another Just Add Ink challenge. This week Rochelle has challenged us to Just Add Glitter.


I decided to have a break from my Christmas card making to use some of my new goodies from the the Stampin' Up! 2018 Occasions Catalogue due to be launched on January 3rd. The new Shimmery White Embossing Paste was perfect for this challenge. 


I just added in a teeny, tiny drop of Bermuda Bay reinker to a small dollop of embossing paste so that it coordinated with this new Bermuda Bay Picture Perfect Paper Ribbon. I just love how you can tailor it to your projects and colour schemes.


Now how about that gorgeous cake? It is from the new Cake Soiree stamp set and the foliage is from the coordinating Sweet Cake Framelits dies. I stamped the cake on vellum, embossed in white and used markers to colour in the image on the back side. I attached the vellum cake to a Whisper White cake so that the colours really popped. I used glue dots to attach the vellum in places where they would be covered. Add in some glimmer paper and I think I may just have nailed the brief! Turns out you can never have enough glitter!


I thought this was a really sweet colour scheme - not one I have used before.

Make sure you pop on over to the Just Add Ink page to see how all the other Design Team members got their glitter on. Why not enter your own creation? We always love seeing them!

Lou
Product List
Shimmery White Embossing Paste 145645 Available from January 3, 2018
Picture Perfect Paper Ribbon 145502 - Available from January 3, 2018
Cake Soiree stamp set 145745 Available from January 3, 2018
Sweet Cake Framelits dies 145617 Available from January 3, 2018

Comments

  1. Totally gorgeous Lou! I've just ordered that paste and l have this set...Woohoo! l feel a case of this lovely creation coming on. It looks amazing embossed on the vellum! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I love that gorgeous wave of blue shimmery paste Lou - so much texture and sparkle! Your cake is gorgeous too - very luminous coloured on the vellum. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Lou!! Your glittery paste looks so pretty and filled with light and sparkle....and your cake is totally gorgeous in these pretty pastels too...on my Wish List :-)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's one pretty (& of course glittery) card, Lou. The cake is so soft & pretty & looks dreamy over the shimmery embossing paste.
    D :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.