Thanks for joining us for another ESAD (Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators) blog hop. Today we are featuring Stampin' Blends. Whether you have hopped over from visiting Rachael or are starting with me, you are sure to get lots of inspiration as you hop around.
I absolutely love colouring with my Stampin' Blends and one of my favourite ways to use them is on Designer Series Paper. Today I have a few projects to show you using some new DSP - Petal Passion Designer Series Paper.
I love the big, bold images on this DSP. I can see that I will be having to buy several packs of it!
To blend with Stampin' Blends:
- Take a deep breath and go for it!
- Work on one section at a time. If it is a flower, work on one petal at a time.
- Colour the whole petal in with the lighter Stampin' Blend marker.
- With the darker Stampin' Blend marker add in some shadow. Add it where the petal is coming out from another.
- Use the lighter Stampin' Blend marker to lightly blend the 2. As it dries it will look better and better!
- Try to colour the area 1/3 dark and 2/3 light or vice versa. That is pleasing to the eye.
- If you are not naturally artistic (I wish I was!) follow this formula for each petal. Don't think of it as a whole flower - just work on one petal at a time - and when you are finished you will be amazed at how great (and artistic) your image looks!
This DSP also works well with the spotlight technique. I die cut the square before colouring.
And here are the fronts of the other 3 boxes. When you make up the cards there are some things left over such as sequins, gold tape and banners. I have put them to good use on the box fronts. Sorry about the reflection!
I hope that I have played some part in converting you or allaying your fears. Get them, use them, love them! Next up you are off to visit by friend Nicole Wilson.
Blog Hop Participant List
1. Libby Dyson
3. Lou Kitzelman - You are here!
10. Amity Knight
11. Maree McIntosh
12. Leonie Schroder
14. Kelly Kent
15. Barbara Williams
16. Renee Lynch
17. Fi Cobbin
Petal Palette 145788 - Available from January 3, 2018
Petal Passion Designer Series Paper 145589 - Available from January 3, 2018