ESAD Holiday Catalogue Fancy Folds and 3D projects blog hop


Welcome to this special ESAD (Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators) blog hop. We thought we would show you some fancy folds and 3D projects using products from the 2017 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalogue.

Christmas is always a busy time of year for me (like most people). It is when I have the most things to make and the least amount of time to do it in so I am always on the lookout for easy projects that have a wow factor. I go for minimal effort, maximum effect!

I came across this great idea for a Gift Box on a Card on Rachel Tessman's blog. Immediately I thought they would be perfect for table decorations for my Christmas table. Every year I make some sort of bon-bon alternative and it gets hard to think of new ideas. Perfect! Armed with products from the Year of Cheer suite I quickly whipped these up.  I might say I was quite pleased with myself. Now I just need to remember to fill the boxes!

The original idea has a pattern for you to make the boxes that sit in the card but these Clear Tiny Treat Boxes are the perfect size and look fab with DSP inside. The perfect time-saver!

Each design is embarrassingly simple. A piece of DSP, come pieces of washi tape (how gorgeous is that?), some ribbon, embellishments and some metallic embossing!

 You cut a section out of the card for the box to sit in. Details are at the end of this post for you.


Okay they may be embarrassingly simple but I think that DSP speaks for itself! Why not let that do all the work for you?

 Each design has the same elements so it is really quick and easy to make a few at once.


The Merry Little Labels stamp set is perfect for creating the different tags and sentiment panels for each card.


This design might be my bon-bon replacements this year. I think I will pop them on the table, filled with goodies and a name tag added to the top of the box.



Stampin' Up! makes it so easy for you at this time of year for you create special, unique gifts and decorations. I just grabbed the whole Year of Cheer suite of products and the Merry Little Labels stamp set and away I went. You could grab any suite of coordinated products to make up this design in other colours.

Here is how to cut the section out of the card for the box to sit in.


The DSP for the card front is 14.8 x 6 cm and the DSP strip to go in the acetate box is 5 cm x 20 cm - scored at 5, 10 and 15 cm. Once you have mastered the cut out section the design is easy. This is definitely one you can have fun with and make up in lots of different styles. 


Next up is Leonie. Make sure you check out her great projects and continue the rest of the hop as well - you are bound to get some fabulous ideas (and new things to add to your wish list!).

Lou
Blog Hop Participants:
1. Lou Kitzelman - You are here!
14. Sue Vine


Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

Comments

  1. Just gorgeous Lou. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity. Thanks you for organising this blog hop and for all you do for ESAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous Lou ... I nearly made this design too ... glad i changed it at 3am this morning lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lou ! Did you read my mind ! I was must looking at a ttutorial for these last night and now I can CASE your designs , thanks love ! They all look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design Lou, fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous! Love that shiny paper! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute projects Lou, I have tried these on bigger boxes but didn't think about it for the little ones! They look great with the DSP inside coordinating with the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Card and gift brilliant!! Clever lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNINGLY Simple, WOW simplicity at it's best....Love, LOVE, Love them <3 Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! So elegant and beautiful. If time permits I think I need these for our Christmas table too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are stunning cards Lou and I love the use of our boxes such a short cut.cc

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning - and super impressive gift display

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have seen these around but I have yet to try them. They might be simple but that paper makes them so elegant. Thanks for the details Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I can make these for our Christmas table too! Love it that you can use our pre-made boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.