Colour INKspiration Challenge #19 Blog Hop


Time sure is flying by this year! Time for our 19th Colour INKspiration challenge. Whether you have hopped over from visiting the talented Kelly Kent or are starting with me, make sure you hop around to all of the design team to get some great inspiration. On to the colours for this challenge .....


These colours were a challenge in every sense for me. For some reason I struggled. Does that ever happen to you? If I am at a creative standstill, especially with colour challenges, I find if I grab out a piece of cardstock in each colour and play around with the proportion of each colour showing it makes it easier. Use less of the colour that is bothering you. It is amazing how much easier it is when you have the cardstock to play around with.

Anyway I wanted to make a twirl card using this cute reindeer from the Seasonal Chums bundle. Thanks for sharing them with me Kelly.

I used markers in the challenge colours to colour him in. He really is cuteness personified!

I even painted his hooves with some Wink Of Stella - everyone knows no self-respecting reindeer would leave home without their hooves painted!

Add in a frame, some shiny silver punched edging and some retired Garden Green baker's twine and the design was complete.


Having a front and back makes the Seasonal Chums perfect for this type of card. The baker's twine is adhered in between the 2 layers and allows it to spin. Just before you pop the card in an envelope, you twist and twist the reindeer so that when the recipient takes it out it spins for them.

My original design was dull - I told you I was struggling - so I added in these silver foil elements .....

..... and the baker's twine to lift it all.


INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up we have Denita. Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination. You will love it!

Lou




Product List

Comments

  1. Well, this little reindeer is so cute, and I'm all inspired to try a spinner card too. Hope I can master it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just too cute Lou! I do love a suspension/spinner card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No evidence of a struggle here!! Love the spinner. Only problem for me is that when I glance at my toes and their plain-ness I feel I must take a lesson from the self respecting Stella lovers if this world and get me some twinkle toes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect perfect perfect spinner card! I love the bakers twine detail near the greeting. That's a fabulous idea. He is such a cutie and I lobe your take on the colours where the green is the hero and the daffodil is for the highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these off-set window Lou and making me think I really need to try this ... of course great use of some tricky colours though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card. I wanted to do something Christmas with this colour scheme but had trouble coming up with something. Maybe if I had this bundle it wouldn't have been so card. Lovely card. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well isn't he just the cutest! Love how these challenges bring out so many different options. Your use of colour went in the opposite direction to mine - so amazing to see the diversity! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.