What Will You Stamp? - #133 - Magical Mermaid

Welcome to this week's challenge at What Will You Stamp? Each week we feature a different stamp set and start off the challenge by sharing our ideas for using it and then it is over to you. So check out all of the Design Team projects and if you are up for the challenge you can add your projects too. You might even be chosen as our next Guest Designer!

This week we are showcasing Magical Mermaid.


This is not a stamp set that I actually own. Thanks for sharing it with me Sharon. I had fun creating this mermaid. In my head I have always pictured that mermaids have red hair. May have something to do with my own hair colour? Maybe!

And .... yep .... I am still in my glossy cardstock phase. To create the water I dragged different ink pads across the cardstock until I was happy with the effect. It was a bit hard to photograph it. I created the waves by embossing my coloured glossy cardstock with the Ruffled Dynamic Textured Impressions Folder twice. The second time I moved it down and over slightly.

I was after a muted colour to go under the sentiment rock so I had a brainwave! I get 1 every now and again! I used linen thread and rolled it around in the lid of the Old Olive ink pad. It gives a different affect than when you colour white twine. I added in some stands of mini silver sequins as exotic underwater plant thingies. 

When I was putting the card together I decided that my mermaid needed to be rising out of the waves so I trimmed along the edge of the embossed line and cut about 2 cm off the bottom of my card.

To make my mermaid look like she was swimming, I only attached under her belly with a few glue dots. She was naturally curling after I watercoloured her so I just went with it. Who am I to try to straighten a mermaid!


Of course the inside got some love too. I love the sentiments in this set.


Make sure you check out all of the other projects from the other Design Team members and enter your project. We'd love to see what you create.

Lou


Product List

Comments

  1. Beautiful card Lou, you may have finally convinced me that I need that embossing folder too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou, I absolutely LOVED what you did with the embossing folder. Looks like the ripple effect of the waves... You are way too clever. Love the mermaid too <3
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOO! Loving this card and the color combo. Lovely job Lou!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.