Stampin' Dreams Blog hop - Something different!



Somehow another month has rolled around and it is time for another Stampin' Dreams blog hop. For this hop we are all trying something different. For me it was trying out the Eclipse Card technique. This involves die cutting a shape from a stamped image and raising it with extra die cut pieces underneath  - I guess that is where the name comes from - the raised shape forms an eclipse!

I thought these were a bit of fun. I am not a snowflake girl. Something about the heat of Christmas in an Australian summer turns me off them! But I found the perfect use for them here. Cracked me up anyway - sometimes that's all that matters!

For this one I used Copper embossing powder. The Beachy Little Christmas stamp set is perfect for an Australian Christmas and teaming it with the snowflake thinlit from the Trim you Stocking set suited this technique perfectly.


I have die cut 4 extra snowflakes to raise it. You can use dimensionals but the ends tend to sag - which defeats the purpose.


And the sentiment was just perfect!




Why not give this technique a try yourself. My mind is racing with other pairings I can make for it! Stay tuned!

Make sure you check the whole hop by following the participant list below. Next up is Kim Oliver. Can't wait to see what she has made!
Lou





Product List

Comments

  1. These are lovely Lou....great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Great colours & you crack me up lol! Thank you for joining in the September Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are wonderful, Lou! I love your sense of humour and they're also gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Lou! And I totally get the humour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you snuck a little bit of the eclipse technique on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards .... especially love the copper embossed version. Can relate to the heat at Christmas, coming from the UK we found it 'unreal' wearing shorts at Christmas and not a snowflake in sight!!
    Great take on the eclipse technique and the perfect sentiment too ...... I know which I would rather have !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to try this technique. I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE the POP of lil snowflake...certainly never crossed my mind to add that to the equation.
    You are always pushing the possibilities <3 Love it a whole lot <3
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Lou & you have used my favourite stamp set to perfection. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Lou ! How clever sneaking the snowflake eclipse in there !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project Lou! I've yet to try that technique too and I love this stamp set and phrase. I'd love to CASE this card for class if that's ok?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great card Lou. I have yet to try the eclipse technique and I love how you have used this technique with this set. Great sentiment to work with it. Thanks for sharing this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.