Global Stamping Friends Blog Hop - Holidays with a twist


Welcome to our July Global Stamping Friends blog hop. I am Lou Kitzelman from the Sunshine Coast, Australia and I am excited to be hopping with this group for the first time. Whether you have arrived from visiting Jenn or are starting with me you are in for a real treat. Our theme for this hop is Holidays with a Twist. We will be using Stampin' Up! products that are not holiday-specific to create projects for different holidays. I love it when you can use products for lots of different occasions. Helps me justify all of my purchases!

Christmas in Australia is far from the snow covered trees and cosy fireside scenes you normally see. Our Christmas is more likely to be seafood at the beach (or in the cool of air conditioning)! So a tropical themed Christmas Orchid wreath seemed perfect for a twist on the traditional Christmas card.


I used our Australian summer as inspiration for the colour palette. Calypso Coral was the perfect match for the Soft Sky shine in the Foil Frenzy Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP). I have embossed each part of the orchids with white embossing powder and coloured with an Aqua Painter and ink from the lids of the ink pads.


I had intended on adding a sentiment but it just didn't look right! I liked it how it is. A big bow made from this gorgeous Calypso Coral Ombre ribbon was all I needed!


I used the Layering Circle Framelits to make an aperture to form the middle of the wreath. I also cut a circle frame for the wreath and raised up with foam adhesive strips. You can't really see it but it helps to give the orchids a bit of height and dimension.


A few buds helped finish off the wreath. I have added Stampin' Dimensionals between each layer of the orchids to give a bit of dimension. The new mini Stampin' Dimensionals are perfect for the smaller pieces.


I am sure this orchid wreath could be used for lots of occasions but I love it for a summery Australian Christmas. Now.....will I be able to find in it that 'safe place' when Christmas rolls around I wonder?


Next up is my talented friend and fellow Aussie, Sharon Dalton. Can't wait to see what she has to share with us. Make sure you check out everyone in the hop.

Lou
Blog hop participants
8. Lou Kitzelman - You are here!


Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

Comments

  1. WOW...Lou this is STUNNING!!! Gorgeous colour combination <3
    Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning a perfect tropical christmas card Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Card, Lou! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah. That is perfect! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous card! Also perfect for non-holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.