Kylie's International Blog Highlight - Masculine



Today I am participating in another of Kylie Bertucci's International Highlights. The theme this month is Masculine.  Make sure you check out all of the entries here and vote for your favourites. This theme was the perfect way to use one of my new stamp sets from the new Stampin' Up! Annual 2017/18 Catalogue that you can order from on June 1. This stamp set is called Pocketful of Sunshine and is such a fun design. Perfect for a masculine card but even better for a teenage masculine card! Something I struggle with. So this is what I came up with. I turned it into an easel card ..... just because I could!


In Australia you think you are pretty lucky if you get what we call a 'Pineapple' for your birthday. That is $50 to the rest of the world. And if you get 2 .... well ....... you have been good! 

There are coordinating thinlits that I can't wait to order on June 1! I have hand cut my stamped images for this card. One of the stamps is of folded money. I have made mine to look like a 'Pineapple' and added them to the pocket ..... to maybe make myself look more generous!


The card closes flat to fit into a standard C6 envelope. I love the detail of the stitching in this stamp set. Thought I would enhance the stitching by using Copper Embossing Powder. I love how raised and shiny it looks.


Another of my favourite new products is the Happy Birthday Thinlit. I have die cut it twice - once in Crumb Cake and once with Copper Foil - to create a shadow effect. Raising it with small pieces of foam adhesive allows the easel part to prop open.


I think that this design is one I will be replicating in different colour schemes. Did you notice the little tab sticking out from the pocket? There are different words to stamp in there. So cute!


Make sure you check out the gallery. You can find the gallery and maybe vote for me here.

Lou

Product List:
  • Tabs for everything - 143907 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Pocketful of Sunshine stamp set- 143719 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Happy Birthday Thinlits Dies - 143700 - Available from June 1, 2017
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

Comments

  1. I love this cute card! What a great idea to put the money in the pocket. I've also learned something new .... after living in Sydney for 35 years, I've learned that a pineapple isn't necessarily a fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it is just a Queensland thing Stephanie!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute Lou......really love the idea....can't wait to get my hands on that set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love how you made it pop up and I LOVE the layered Happy Birthday. The copper really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, Lou. Awesome idea with the pop up. Greetings from the Netherlands, Danielle Bennenk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an awesome card Lou. I really love all the stitching detail, it takes the card to another level and of course copper is another level yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great easel card Lou. I love all the embossed details and the copper foil shadow makes the sentiment really pop. Jay

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's not to love. I love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.