Just Add Ink #360 - Delightful Daisy

I was trying to come up with a simple card design that included a few products and basic techniques to show a friend who is new to stamping. She is coming to my Stampin' Day Retreat that I am running with my 2 stamping buddies Megan Lenske and Peta Stephen on June 10. My plan is to make a couple of cards so she can see how to:
  • Use Stampin' Up! ink pads and stamps
  • Punch stamped images
  • Use a Big Shot
  • And if we feel daring do some 2 step stamping!
  • Oh and use some of the gorgeous new Stampin' Up! ribbon and Designer Series Paper of course!
While I was pondering how to fit this all into a simple card I opened the latest Just Add Ink email and realised the sketch challenge this week would be perfect.
Before I show you what I came up with - apologies - I am teaching myself to use a new photo editing program and think I need a touch more practice! 

This is the card I thought we could make first. I stuck pretty closely to the sketch for this one.




Then I added a few extra design elements. Plus I was itching to use my new ribbon! It is so pretty.




So easy to switch up a design and get 2 cards!


And this is a stepped up version that I made - just because!


I have changed the orientation and added a few more elements. I love the new glitter enamel dots and used them in place of the smaller circle in the sketch.



So from 1 sketch came 3 designs.


I love card sketch challenges. They always seem to come at just the right time for me. They are a great starting point for inspiration. 

Lou
PS - Here is some information about the Stampin' Day Retreat. RSVPs and full payment due this Friday May 26th.

Product List:
  • Daisy Delight Stamp Set - 143669 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Daisy Punch - 143713 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Faceted Gems - Clear - 144142- Available from June 1, 2017
  • Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper - 144137 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Daffodil Delight Double Stitched Ribbon - 144116 - Available from June 1, 2017

Comments

  1. Fabulous cards! Those flowers are so beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Miss Lou! Love the second card - the ribbon is a perfect addition! And the stepped up version is gorgeous, love the paper overhang!!! Thanks for using our Just Add Ink sketch! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Lou! I love the blue & yellow card. Your friend is in very capable hands and will be a pro before they know it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all lovely Lou. Really interesting to see your progression from simple to stepped up. Loving the vibrant colours and how different the flower looks each time! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That daisy is simply the bomb! I think your cards are all lovely & a great starter for your friend. Punches are so new (& not-so new) stamper friendly. I think I actually love the first one the most. It's just so clean & simple & I love the colours, but I do love 2 & ...
    Thanks for playing along at JAI this week.
    D :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...What a fabulous line up Lou! The colour combinations are so bright and fun...Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O0hhh - all beautiful cards. I think this is going to be a very popular stamp set. I love it in all colours Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.