Guest Designer - Paper Adventures Team Blog Hop



Today I have the honour of being a guest designer for the Paper Adventures Team Blog Hop. Thanks for having me guys - it's an honour! The theme for this hop is Birthdays. And it just so happens that the leader of this fabulous team, Kelly Kent, is celebrating her birthday today. Happy Birthday Kel. I hope that you have had the most fabulous day. Not only is Kelly a creative and talented papercraft artist she is also a fabulous friend. One of those friends who is always there to celebrate successes and more importantly give that bit of encouragement just when you need it. She also has a little touch of naughty that appeals to me. I must point out that my spot as a guest designer was not dependant on giving compliments! Enough of that anyway ...... onto my projects. Try as I might, I was a bit later in getting this posted than intended so Birthday Girl if this hasn't arrived yet either shut your eyes now or just act really surprised when it does arrive!

This is the card front. I had elaborate plans but I stopped at this stage simply because I liked it! I was able to use so many of my new goodies for this card and gift. I love the new Happy Birthday Thinlits. It is the perfect size.


I really love this Colourful Seasons Bundle. You can order it from June 1 from the new 2017/18 Annual Stampin' Up! catalogue. I thought it would be perfect to decorate a Pop Up Cube card. You can see other versions I have made here and here. When you open the card up, up pops the cube.


The Colour Seasons Stamp set has lots of great stamps  but my favourite is the cherry blossom and branch that I have used for the box and the envelope. And what about that gorgeous Powder Pink finely  woven ribbon? How beautiful is it???


The words are from another new set called Happy Birthday Gorgeous.


I wanted to make a coordinating gift as well so decided what better gift (and project for a birthday themed blog hop) than a Perpetual Birthday Calendar. You can find out how I made it and see other versions here. Kelly is a diligent birthday card sender so I thought this might help keep things organised. I have kept the design pretty simple. I love the branch and blossoms dies. So easy to whack up a design.


Each month is on a sheet of paper from the Colour Theory Designer Series Paper Stack.




Thanks again for having me on your hop guys. Next up is Mandy. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us. Happy Birthday Kelly! 🎂🎁🎁🎁
Lou

Product List:
  • Berry Burst Classic Stampin' Pad - 144083 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Powder Pink Classic Stampin' Pad - 144084 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Berry Burst A4 cardstock 144249 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Powder Pink A4 cardstock - 144251 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Powder Pink Finely Woven Ribbon - 144134 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Colourful Seasons Bundle - 145348 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Colour Theory DSP stack - 144193 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Happy Birthday Thinlits Dies - 143700 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set - 143662 - Available from June 1, 2017

Comments

  1. Love it all Lou! Don't you just love the Happy Birthday Thinlit? Thanks for joining in on our blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining in with our blog hop! Your creation is beautiful, I love the colours and thinlits you have used, the new in colours you have used are my favourite where as the rest are yet to grow on me. Thank you for the different technique ideas too. It sure is a popular thinlit that 'happy birthday' but when you're on to a good thg it's good to stick to it ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. This arrived in the post for me today - amazing and inspiring! (with impeccable timing). So glad Stampin' Up! has brought us together! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us Lou :) I love your work super cute card I might have to try this type next :) an I love your calendar idea I need one of those

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous, Lou. You're making me want that Colourful Seasons Bundle! And the perpetual birthday calendar is perfect for Kelly - I almost bought her one (great minds, eh?), but I'm glad I didn't, because your handmade one is sooooo much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this version of your pop-up card and calendar .... mmm might just have to have that bundle hehe
    My cases arrived yesterday, so am now busy making the calendars .... thanks again for all your help :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.