Colour INKspiration Challenge #09 Blog Hop



Welcome back to another Colour INKspiration challenge blog hop. I probably say this every time but gee they roll around quickly. Make sure you hop around to all the design crew members to get some inspiration. Whether you are starting with me, or have hopped over from seeing Nikki's stunning card, you are in for a real treat.

Look at these gorgeous colours in the challenge this week.


So much you can do with these colours. I decided to use them for a Christmas card. I made this one earlier in the week and immediately thought of how I could use these challenge colours for a different card. I normally freak out if people suggest Christmas in July so doing Christmas cards in May is likely to send me into a tail spin! It just reminds me that Christmas is a busy time for me - just like most crafters - so I guess it can't hurt to be a bit prepared. My biggest stress is if I will be able to find that 'safe place' I popped these cards in come December!

The Eastern Beauty bundle has so much scope. So why not turn medallions into baubles?


You can whip up tonnes of these bad boys in no time flat. I love the nesting thinlits - means you can die cut the whole card front in one pass through the Big Shot. The ribbon was simply poked through the hole at the top of each bauble and tied in a bow.


And how about some Christmas gift tags dressed up in a sweet little crate? At this rate December will be a doddle for me.......if I can find these again! And yes..... I am so in love with the new Wood Crate Framelits that everything that can fit in it is going in one! These tags are really simple. I cut 2 strips for each (1 Whisper White and 1 from the coloured cardstock) at 5 cm x 10.5 cm, punched one end with the Tag Topper punch and die cut the coloured piece of cardstock. It had a been a dreary old day here (not so Sunny on the Sunshine Coast) so my photos don't show the contrast with the white behind as well as in real life.


I had intended to stamp with some of the small detailed stamps but I really liked this clean and simple design.


INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up we have Liz. Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination. You'll be wowed!

Lou
Product used:
  • Wood Crate Framelits - 143730 - Available from June 1, 2017
  • Wood Texture Designer Series Paper Stack - Available from June 1, 2017

Comments

  1. Oh these are great Lou! love love love the tags, and that little wooden crate is definitley a winner. I'm always fascinated by how many amazing different designs there can be created from one set like Eastern Palace. Love the stark simplicity of yours - really show off the intricate dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fabulous and beautiful. And you're so prepared so early! Well done you! So so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful but Christmas is next week right??? Haha well it will be here before we know it!! Great card and tags Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cleverrrrrr ....
    CAS cards at their best ....
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever Lou, great use of these colours...Gorgeous gift tags too!
    I love these colours and hope to play with them next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful & clever! I'll take a May Christmas card! :) Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous Lou. I love that you went with a Christmas theme, they are so clever and very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.