International Blog Highlight - Wedding



Hi and welcome to another of Kylie Bertucci's International Blog Highlights. Our theme for April is Wedding. Make sure you check out the gallery of all of the entries here and vote for your favourite.

I love a gift (or card) that keeps on giving. I love a card that stands up for display or in this case doubles as a memory keeping page. This wedding card can be used in lots of ways. It folds up neatly to fit into a standard Australian C6 envelope


Then you undo the belly band and unfold it to reveal a page ready for an album. I have kept it pretty simple. The blank spaces are for messages and/or photos. A large group could also use this as there is heaps of space to add good wishes.


These Project Life pocket pages make memory keeping a breeze. I started with Basic Black cardstock mats and added Shimmery White panels. Copper Embossing powder really does make everything better! I love our Stampin' Up! Embossing powder as it becomes quite raised when activated with the heat tool. Perfect for delicate sentiments.

I have used the larger die from the So Detailed thinlits to add texture. Adding in a flower from the So in Love stamp set - copper embossed of course - compliments it perfectly. The Better Together stamp set has great 2 part sentiments. I love the wedding one.


The Hello Lovely Project Life Card Collection had a few panels that were perfect for this page. I have just added some copper embossing to each panel. I love the heart and arrows from Better Together.


And I loved the 'Big Day' card but it was a bit stark so I grabbed my Versamark reinker and a small paint brush and painted over the lettering, then added the embossing powder. I was on a roll with my embossing and went a tad crazy. You never can have too much copper right?


Large Letters round off the page.


So half way through making this card I had a brain wave......doesn't happen that often ...... but let's just say that there was lots of celebrating the fact that I was a legend in my own craft room! I always spend heaps of time many a belly band (the thing around the middle that keeps the card closed) but worry that the design looks naked without it. So this is the card with the belly band around......


......and here it is off.


To keep this band as a feature I added velcro dots to the back. One setting to keep it closed....


.....and another to allow it wrap to around the panel and fit into the pocket and remain part of the design. I was so pleased with myself.....small things hey!


You can check out 2 other versions of this pocket card I have made here and here. These make fantastic gifts for special occasions. Make sure you pop on over to the gallery to see all of the other entries. If it takes your fancy you can vote (for me) too!

Lou

Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

Comments

  1. OMG Lou looking at the original picture on Kylies blog it's hard to tell what this is looks like a stack of cards...You can see it's larger than a normal card! Opening your blog page I was blown away by the actual real open image!!! I love how you worked the belly bands adjustable sizing too..You should be proud of yourself :) I am definately going to make one of these for my friends wedding !! Thank you for sharing this gorgeous gift idea xxx I truly LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou, this is amazing! What a very special idea for a wedding card. Love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA! Stunning and just so surprising! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! This is amazing, Lou!! Gorgeous work as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Lou!!! I love this project, you are very creative! I'm loving all the embossing! Thanks for taking part in my International Blog Highlights xx Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an awesome idea with perfect execution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! This is amazing! What a perfect thought!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A-ma-zing! You clever thing, Lou. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that the scrapbook page folds up to card size! (You would think that I would have figured that out before now...) What a beautiful project, and the different sizing on the belt is so clever! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning Lou! You can never have too much copper and on a wedding card it's perfect. I really love the concept of your design and can't wait to give it a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another amazing project Lou! A great wedding card and perfect gift, so unusual and different, love your creativity. Jay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another amazing project Lou! A great wedding card and perfect gift, so unusual and different, love your creativity. Jay xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.