Did you love what Bronwyn created using these colours? The scope is endless really. I wanted to use a stamp set I hadn't used for a while so decided on Moroccan Nights. This is probably not the usual colour combination you might use when you think of Morocco but I love to use stamp sets in different ways and I love the different vibe of this card.
I had in my head to make a ceramic tile effect and had a play around with clear embossing powder. Years ago I taught a technique called Cracked Glass and thought it would be perfect for this.
To make a Cracked Glass effect:
- Stamp your images on cardstock.
- Pat your Versamark ink pad over the top and add clear embossing powder.
- Activate with a heat tool and allow to cool.
- Repeat 3-5 times until it looks glassy.
- When completely cool, fold and bend in areas to crack the 'glass'. (Such satisfaction from hearing the crack - it is a bit like popping bubble wrap!)
- To get an aged look you can lightly rub ink into the cracks.
I wasn't that happy with my attempt so I just hit it with the heat tool again and recracked when cool. The second time I did not add ink. Versamark and clear embossing powder on the Tip Top Taupe background piece added some nice texture.
INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.
Next up we have my gorgeous and talented friend Kelly. Make sure you check out her take on this colour combination. You'll love it!