International Blog Highlight - Get Well Soon Pop Out Card



Thanks for coming to my blog today! We are being highlighted internationally by Kylie Bertucci and you are able to VOTE for my project. The top ten winners will get to be part of an international blog hop so please vote for my project. You can do that here. Our theme for this highlight is Get Well Soon! So I've made a bunch of flowers to cheer someone up - and they last forever!


The flowers are easily made using the Succulent Framelits and a dauber. To shape them, place each flower on a Stampin' Pierce mat and use the end of an Aqua Painter. This gives them a rounded shape.


Do you recognise the pop out part? I have used the Balloon Pop-Up thinlit. The balloons were the perfect foundation for the flowers. When placing the flowers you just need to be mindful of where it bends and place the flowers accordingly.


The front of the card has the pop out panel cut down. I have cut 2 - one in Whisper White and one in Mint Macaron. I have cut the balloon out of the Whisper White panel and raised it with Foam Adhesive strips. I realised that I don't own a 'Get Well Soon' stamp but the Labeler Alphabet stamp set soon sorted that out. The front looked a bit flat so I sicked the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing folder onto it. The great thing is that you see the pattern on the inside too. Now is it wrong to want someone to get sick now so I can give them my card???

Thanks for visiting my blog today make sure you head over to Kylie's blog -  to vote for my project. I would love to be chosen to do an international blog hop.

http://bit.ly/KyliesFebHighlights

Lou


Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$8.00

Comments

  1. I LOVE this- what a clever use of the pop up die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is fantastic Lou, I have been looking at my set and wondering what else I could do. Thank you! You have really got me thinking about using it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! are you going to do a video on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry. No video at this stage - I haven't broached that part of technology yet! It is really easy to make though. Just use the Succulents thinlits to make flowers and whack over the balloons. Too easy. Feel free to ask me about anything that you need to make this card.

      Delete
  4. Wow Lou!! I love that you sicked the folder onto the Get Well card...that may just be me though, lol xox Lovely card honey xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card. :) Judy DiScipio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea to use the balloon pop up die for your flowers Lou! Love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great - I have seen balloons (of course) and hearts, and now flowers used with this die! Love it - very cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the Balloon Pop Up die Lou

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So CLEVER!! Love this idea Lou. Thanks for being part of my international highlights this month and awesome work on being chosen as one of the top ten winners this month. (number #2 in fact!!!) WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.