Oh Baby for #GDP030

I was really taken with the sketch challenge this week over at the Global Design Project. It is such a simple design that could be used for so many different occasions and look different every time.
Baby cards have been on my agenda this week and this sketch was perfect for them. Last year I had a big demand for unisex baby cards but this year pink and blues are in demand. So 1 sketch - 2 cards.


Regular followers know I am in love with Kraft cardstock and the coordinating Shine On DSP. I love the silver designs - they make for really fabulous cards. (Also my desk is littered with offcuts so using them makes me feel like I've tidied up a bit!) Blushing Bride and Mint Macaron teamed with the Kraft makes a really lovely traditional baby girl colour scheme.


Pool Party with Kraft and Mint Macaron makes a great traditional baby boy colour scheme.


The Friends & Flowers stamp set and coordinating Festive Flower Builder punch made quick work of this cute sweet pea baby. I coloured each baby with a Stampin' Write Marker and then used an Aqua Painter and ink pad to colour the pea shell. That allowed me to get a bit of shading. The kisses are also made using the stamp set and punch.


A coil of silver metallic thread behind adds a nice touch and sets off the baby's body which I have added Clear Wink of Stella over. Sorry it is hard to see in the photo. Under each baby is a strip of cardstock embossed using the Softly Falling TIEF.


The inside of the card is very simple. After stamping and colouring the sweet pea baby I used a petal punched from scrap card as a mask and then stamped the petals on each side.


So there you have 2 super quick cards made using great sketch. Thanks for stopping by.

Product List
Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker
Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker
[131265]
$5.95
Glue Dots
[103683]
$9.00
Big Shot
[113439]
$169.00

Comments

  1. Just so gorguss, how sweet can you get. Love them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I was pleased to use a different colour scheme.

      Delete
  2. These are super cute cards Lou. I love that DSP too and it looks great on a baby card - who would have thought? Wonderful use of this weeks sketch. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kraft too Lou!! I adore these cards and your take on the sketch. wow. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! We love you playing along with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet cards Lou! Kraft is such a useful card stock and pairs nicely with so many colors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.