Made with love

Baby cards are in big demand lately so my aim today was to whip up a few to have on hand. I also had the details of 2 challenges on my sketch pad so I thought I would use both the colour combination from TGIF and the sketch from Just Add Ink to come up with a unisex baby card.

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2016/03/just-add-ink-305-sketch-challenge.html http://www.tgifchallenges.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/tgifc49.html

Now I have to admit to loving Bermuda Bay but not really loving Wisteria Wonder. I find that if I am having difficulty with a colour challenge I change the proportion of each colour and use a bit less of the one I like the least. So armed with the Made with Love stamp set and coordinating  Baby's First framelits I came up with this.


If you are a regular follower you'll know I am besotted with Kraft cardstock at the moment so it was an easy choice for the card base. A piece of Shine On DSP matted with Basic Black cardstock makes a great base for the 3 onesies in the challenge colours. Each onesie is raised on Stampin' Dimensionals.


I had stamped the sentiment on a strip of cardstock to form the horizontal strip in the sketch but it looked awkward and clumsy. After a coffee I had the idea to stamp one line of the sentiment in the Kraft stripe. I placed a sticky  note over the top stripe so that the first line of the sentiment was not stamped. Now what else can I use Kraft cardstock for???



Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$169.00

Comments

  1. Love this card Lou! The Shine On DSP is my favourite at the moment and it is a perfect layer to your fun and bright baby card. Love the stripes on stripes and the black sentiment in between the stripes. Thanks for playing along this week at TGIF. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one very sweet gender neutral baby card, Jo & a great way to use the sketch. I just got the Made With Love set so keen to have a play. Lovely to see you playing again at JAI this week. Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool way to use the sketch and I love the teal blue and kraft together, gorgeous combo. Fabulous card and I'm so glad you joined us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great baby card Lou. I love the bold bermuda stripes in the background and how they match up with the onsies. The sentiment looks great split like that too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful take on this sketch - I love how all the stripes complement each other. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously loving these!!! Fantastic! Thanks for playing at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your take on our sketch this week! Loving all the stripes too :)

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic way to incorperate the challenge colors without being too much! And the sentiment between the lines on the DSP is genius! great card! thanks for playing along this week at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.