It's all about nature for #GDP031

For our class on Monday we are making some Decorative Corner Cards. You can see my post here to learn all about constructing them. Today I have 2 of the 3 to show you. They both have a floral/nature theme so I thought they would fit in perfectly for this week's theme challenge over at Global Design Project.

http://www.global-design-project.com/2016/04/global-design-project-031-theme.html
Even though this is not my normal style I am happy with this card. As card makers we sometimes have to remember the style of the recipient. You mean it isn't all about me????


I have taken the colours from the beautiful Birthday Bouquet DSP and used that for my floral design. The Botanical Blooms stamp set and coordinating Botanical Builder Framelits dies make quick work for a great floral centrepiece.


I love that this card folds flat to fit into a standard envelope for posting and then stands up for display. This card fold is one of my favourites. Minimum effort for maximum effect! See this post for tips on giving the flowers dimension.


The back is a simple design using a few of the left over flowers. The left panel is made using the border die. I have positioned it as far to the left of the cardstock as possible.


And for my regular followers who have been wondering if I am going to use Kraft and the Shine On DSP yet again this week - of course! Here I have teamed with Tangelo Twist (soon to be retiring) and Bermuda Bay.


Even though Tangelo Twist is not one of my most used colours I really like how it looks on the Kraft cardstock.


A coat of clear Wink of Stella on the small and medium petals really adds a subtle yet elegant shine.


Short (well shortish for me) post today as I am off to the OnStange local event at the Gold Coast for Stampin' Up! We will be seeing the new annual catalogue and some of the goodies in it. Stay tuned for a few sneak peeks.

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$9.00
Big Shot
[113439]
$169.00

Comments

  1. I have NEVER seen this style of card! I LOVE IT.

    Thanks for playing at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teneale, you should give it a go. It is easy but effective.

      Delete
  2. Both are beautiful projects, Lou! I love the pairing of these flowers with the floral paper. Great cards! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project Nature Theme Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. I loved this challenge.

      Delete
  3. This is brand new to me! I am in love and totally casing this! Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project - Krista (from Canada).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Krista. These cards are so easy to make. I have a link at the beginning of my post for my instructions. Thanks for taking the time to look and comment. You provide so much inspiration for me so it is really great to have you comment. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.