Get Your Shine On - yes I am still obsessed - for #TGIFC51

I love a challenge that plays right into my latest obsession - Shine On DSP and Kraft cardstock. The Mother's Day cards and boxes that I have been making this week fitted perfectly with the challenge at TGIF.


I have a card and matching gift box that look really pretty in natural light but found it rather hard to capture the shine with a camera.

 
Why does the cloud always come out at the most inappropriate time? Does it not know I was supposed to be capturing getting my shine on?
 

This card is another Decorative Corner card. I had some kits left over from my class on Monday so changed things up a bit. You can see my directions for making this card here. If you haven't tried this fold yet - you must! It is super easy and really puts on a show!


Sun - there you are! The pop of shine from the foil sheets, mini brads, metallic thread, pearls, rhinestones and DSP add a subtle elegance to the card.


The Botanical Builder framelits make it really quick to whip up a card. They layer nicely and fill up a space quickly. You can't go wrong really. Adding dimension to the flowers really lifts the card and adds a more lifelike look. You can see some hints for doing this here.


While I was onto a good thing (and time poor) I made a few more boxes using the Cutie Pie thinlits in different colours. I think they'll look great on display with the other Mother's Day cards.


Shine On DSP is on the retiring list along with a lot of bargains. Make sure you take a look. You can order by clicking the products below or on the link on the top right of this blog. You'll love the new catalogue - let me know if I can get one to you.

At the OnStage event that I went to on the weekend we not only got to see the fab new catalogue but we also got to hear from Sara Douglas the CEO of Stampin' Up!. Her challenge to us was to try to plan and hold one additional Stampin’ Up! event per month between now and October. I'm not sure what I am going to do yet but I am going to try so if you are interested in an online/virtual party or any other event please let me know.  #6monthstampingoals

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$9.00
Big Shot
[113439]
$169.00

Comments

  1. Oh WOW, Lou!!! Fabulous creations! The kraft/sliver Shine On DSP looks wonderful with the Bermuda Bay!! I love the decorative corner card and the panel in the centre is fantastic with the floral spray embellishing the side. The matching little gift box just ties it all together. Thanks for playing along this week at TGIF Challenges. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with Rochelle! WOW beautifully done & the extra boxes are my fave! Thanks for taking this weeks TGIF Challenge!

      Delete
  2. WOW! I love these!! Thank-you for taking the TGIF Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.