One design three ways

My aim today was to tidy my craft desk. I convinced myself that I could do that by using products, spare card kits and unused die cuts that were sitting on it! I still need to clean my desk but I have cleared away a small pile and have 2 cards for my efforts.

 
The card on the left is one that I shared at a demonstrator get together that I went to on the weekend. The kits were left over from that and I decided that instead of putting everything away I should make them up. I've already made one up as a wedding card and shared it here.

The card base is a regular piece of A5 folded in half and then has 2.5 cm cut off the front edge. I've used strips from the Winter Wonderland DSP pack on the inside edge. I like how it peeps through. They are, however, very hard to photograph and keep flat!


This is my original card. I made a few similar ones when I CASEd the current Stampin' Up! 2015 Holiday catalogue here. In this post you can find some hints for placing the holly and watercolouring the design.


For this wedding version I used some strips of Winter Wonderland DSP for the cake layers. The base is from the Build a Birthday stamp set. The 'wishes' is also from this set. I just inked that word and stamped 'wedding' which is from Celebrate Today. I added a light wash of Crumb Cake ink around the stand and card front edges. Flowers were punched using the flower from the Itty Bitty Accents punch pack. To get some dimension, I pressed the middle into a foam pad. That makes the petals curl up. I love being able to use products in different ways. This paper pack is not just for Christmas.


This bauble was left over from another project so I die cut the solid image, again from the Winter Wonderland DSP, and adhered them together. The Softly Falling embossing folder gives an elegant look.


Well....... I can't put it off any longer..... I need to go and remind myself what the colour of my desk is!

PS. I'm thinking of putting together a Christmas project kit which would be centred around a stamp and die bundle and a designer series paper pack. The kit will include instructions for different card designs and folds, tags and a few 3D projects, materials to make everything and have all of the thinking done for you. After you buy the kit from me (and hopefully the stamp and die bundle!) then all you would have to do is get out your card making equipment, ink pads etc., open up the instructions and get crafting. What do you think? My aim is to come up with a cutting list that has little or no waste and gives you maximum output. I think I would also sell the tutorial in PDF form as well. I'd love to hear from you if you are interested in finding out more.

Comments