Upright Z fold card meets TGIF Challenge Throwdown #TGIFCTD03

I've been following along with the TGIF website and looking at their weekly and monthly challenges but haven't had a chance to participate yet. The monthly Throwdown Challenges are fun and end up being a bit of a problem solving experience. This months challenge #TGIFCTD03 was actually difficult but I got there in the end. I start with getting all of the supplies out and then going from there. I was a bit stumped for a design and then one day it just came to me. I think I was overthinking it a bit!

Here are the items that you have to use for this challenge. These change each month.

 
You can also use the following pantry items.

 
Here is what I came up with. I used the Upright Z fold for this card. I love how it stands up for display.
 
 
 
I felt that the card needed something else so I used a doily as a template and pierced holes around it.
 

 
For the inside I created a border using one of the leaf stamps from the Flower Patch stamp set. Because I could only use one green, in this case Mint Macaron, I stamped a second time before reinking, offsetting the leaves.
 

The Upright Z fold is easy. Here's how to make it.

Cut the following: 
  • ½ an A4 lengthways
  • Outside mat – 8 x 13 cm
  • Outside white cardstock– 7.5 x 12.5 cm
  • Inside decorative paper - 10 x 14.2 cm
  • Inside white cardstock – 7.5 x 10 cm
  • Punched shape for the prop – 1 ¼” circles work well.
 
Fold the ½ A4 piece in half. Fold the front piece back to meet the centre fold to form the front leg. Adhere the inside pieces to the inside unfolded side making sure that the white piece is closer to the bottom of the decorative paper. This will ensure that it will not be seen when propped open. Mat the front white cardstock and adhere to the front, placing tape only on the lower half. See the examples above. Place 2 foam dots on the punched shape, ensuring that they are covering the top half. Attach to the middle top of the back piece. Use the above pictures for placement.

For this card I didn't use decorative paper on the inside of the card.


"Just a bit to the left".

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card Lou. I love the template/base you've used and the pretty fold over at the top. Zx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe. It's a fold I keep coming back to. Thanks for looking. Lou

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your creativity on this is amazing! Congrats on being this week's TGIF winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mercedes. It was great to be chosen.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card, absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on the win at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana. It was a bit of a surprise.

      Delete
  4. I have just given you my vote and thumbs up Lou. Another great creation. Congratulations on being in the final 4 and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.