Sheltering Tree - Spotlight Technique Challenge

This week's ESAD challenge is to use the Spotlight Technique. For this technique you stamp an image or images in a dark colour such as black or grey then stamp part of the same image on a smaller piece of cardstock. When you place the coloured spotlight image over the top it should line up with the base image. Matting the coloured spotlight piece adds nice definition.

Here's my entry for the challenge. It was a lot of fun stamping the scene.

I like how the coloured spotlight enhances the images.
This is a super easy technique that I think is really effective. Here is the scene that I stamped in Basic Grey and Smokey Slate.

 
Lining up the images on the coloured spotlight piece is easy if you use acetate. I used old washi tape to secure my base piece, then secured acetate over the top. My spotlight piece is lined up exactly where I want to eventually adhere it and also secured.


If you use one piece of tape at the top or your spotlight piece you can flip it so that you can easily clean the acetate after each colour has been stamped.

This Stampin' Up! stamp set is called Sheltering Tree. It is photopolymer so it is extremely easy to line up with the base images. The acetate means that you can stamp the whole image and wipe the ink off later.

Spotlight pieces can be any shape. Try circles, squares, rectangles or tags.

This is what you will need to make this card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Comments