Little Dear - JAI #271 Challenge

Do you ever feel like making a card but find it hard to think of a design? Challenge sites are a great way to kick start the design process. Just looking at all of the entries can give you great ideas. You don't even have to enter - just use them as a starting point. Just Add Ink is a fantastic site to check each week. They have different types of challenges, including colour and sketch challenges. This week they have a sketch challenge - JAI #271.
http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/just-add-ink-271sketch.html
I decided to make a baby card using a Stampin' Up! set that I haven't had a chance to use yet called Made with Love. It co-ordinates with Baby's First Framelits.



Sketches can be changed slightly by altering proportions or in this case the shape. I decided to use my new 2" circle punch by punching the main colours that I had used. I was really a bit too lazy to die cut larger circles! I figured that the class participants who will make this in August will appreciate the ease of doing it this way!

Tip: Use Crystal Effects to adhere sequins and sequin trim to your projects.

Inside this card is a great surprise. You'll have to check back in over the next few days to see what it is. It's my turn to set the weekly ESAD challenge tomorrow and the inside is part of that.

To make this card you'll need:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Comments

  1. This is just the sweetest little image, Lou. I love your card, and the circles that bring it all together. Can't wait to see what's on the inside. Thanks for joining the challenge fun at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou this is a delightful baby card! I love your idea of using staggered circles to frame that sweet little deer - what a great way to bring the colours together too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, Lou; I love your colour choices. The punched-out circles look great, and the sequins are a lovely finishing touch. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.