CASEing yourself for JAI #272

The Just Add Ink challenge this week is to Just Add Butterflies. Here is my entry for the challenge JAI #272.

 
For this challenge I have decided to CASE my own work. CASE means to Copy and Share Everything. I'm like a lot of people - I amass heaps of ideas and inspiration and then feel so overwhelmed by everyone else's talent that it inhibits my own creativity. I have tried to create a happy medium - I still take time to browse online but then allow myself time to create and explore my own ideas. We spend a lot of time online looking at ideas, collecting ideas and generally spending time not creating. It is easy to get caught up in "surfing" and loose the creative urge or just plain run out of time. Over the past few months I have tried to spend more time creating and less time looking at things I could be creating. It's great to find inspiration online but, as with life in general, it is better to participate rather than just observe.
 
My original design.

My new design.


I was really happy with the card that I created for this post using the Pop Out Swing Card fold. In this post you will also find the instructions so that you can make one for yourself. So for this challenge I changed things up slighlty. You don't always have to reinvent the wheel so to speak. I really liked the layout that I originally created so why not use that as my inspiration? Plus silver embossing always add something special! This stamp set from Stampin' Up! is called Floral Wings and you can use your Stampin' Rewards to purchase it. It co-ordinates with the Bold Butterfly Framelits.

While I was on a roll I made 2 other cards in this style for an order. Even though I have stuck to similar colour schemes I think they all have a different look.





I challenge you to CASE yourself. Celebrate the great creations you have made and copy away. Just remember if you CASE someone else it is always polite to give them credit where possible. I'm always flattered if someone CASEs my work. It's a huge compliment to be recognised.Afterall as the saying goes "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"!

Comments

  1. what a fabulous project lineup Lou, l love them all and your design fold is super cute, must remember that clever idea..:0) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your use of stamps, colour, and silver-embossing, is really eye-catching, Lou. LOVE your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lou, you really embraced the butterfly with all your lovely cards. They're all so crisp & fresh. Love all the little details on each of them, like the silver thread & blossoms. Thanks for joining us over at Just Add Ink this week.
    Di :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so please leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.