The continuing tales of a now not so underachieving Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Well it's been 5 weeks since I dusted off this old blog and got serious with it. It's been a very steep learning curve but it has also been very rewarding. In my first post I talked about unpacking my 'too hard basket' and am pleased to report that although it is a slightly embarrassing turn of phrase it is nearly unpacked!

As I was thinking about writing this post I started reflecting on what I've achieved. I think I have achieved a lot of what I wanted to and more. One of the things that I keep going back to is the idea of enjoying the journey and not only being focused on the end point. So  many times in life we are fixated on that end point that we miss all of the good points along the way. I have really enjoyed creating for a purpose and coming up with original projects.

The internet is a great tool but I guess I am like a lot of people and get bogged down in searching and surfing rather than just making and creating. There are so many great ideas online that you can lose yourself in them. While I certainly haven't given up using the internet (I'd be lost without Pinterest!) I have tried to free my mind by limiting surfing the internet a bit to allow my own creativity to come through. It has been great to free up my mind a bit and give myself some space for the creative process.

Rather than spending hours and hours crafting (or thinking it was only worthwhile if I had that amount of time) I have tried to fit in 1/2 - 1 hour each day. To do this I have had to clean up my craft room and make sure that I have it all organised so that I don't waste time getting ready to craft each time. I can just go into my lovely room and pick up where I left off. Instead of losing myself in the internet I have spent more time losing myself in the creative process. In doing this I am less stressed and feel lighter mentally for want of a better way to describe it. I have less of that little voice nagging me for wasting time and more of that self satisfied feeling.

In the beginning I was hoping that maybe some friends and family would look at my posts and maybe one or two strangers would somehow happen upon it. I've been blown away by the response and also the fact that people have taken the time to not only look at my blog but leave comments and private messages. It is really lovely to have that link with people - even if you have never met. The online crafting community is really great and encouraging and I thank all who have taken the time look and comment.

For those people following along on my journey so far I did end up putting in the application for the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team. I'm sure that there will be so many talented people apply and even though the application call provided the impetus for me to restart the blog, the focus soon shifted off that. I started to regain confidence in my crafting ability and creativity and focus on the pure fun of creating. I would love to have my dream fulfilled and be picked for the design team but I'm sure that more experienced people than myself will get on. Even so I feel that I have done the best that I possibly could and am really pleased with what I have achieved and produced. So we'll wait and see! In the meantime I have more blog hops to participate in, class projects to design and make and maybe some tutorials to finish to sell online. The journey continues ......

Comments