Stampin' Up! Banner Triple Punch - no measure foolproof matting

I love the new banner triple punch that is in the new Stampin' Up! 2015 - 2016 Catalogue that will be released on June 2. (That's next week people). It has channels for strips of cardstock 1", 1 1/2" and 2" wide. So, you can easily punch banners. If you want to punch a banner of a different size that's easy too. Just centre into the channel that is nearest to it in size but not larger and punch.

While trying to mat 2 banners I struck a few problems with measuring. The same amount of cardstock is not cut off for each different width. The narrower the strip, the more cardstock that is punched off as it is closer to the indent of the banner. I wanted an easy way to teach matting using this punch that did not require people to have to add sixteenths of inches or use millimetres. So I came up with an easy way that can be used on any length and width of cardstock.


This handy punch also makes great chevrons by simply feeding the cardstock through and punching several times.


I put these information sheets into a Project Life pocket page for my new technique album.




Comments